Book Printing

Photo paper

I looked to see if this has been posted before but I did not see anything.

I would love to see blurb using an option of photo paper. I am willing to pay the extra price for it. I know a few places that offer photo paper but they do not offer the feature of selling the books online like blurb does. I’d have to purchase them myself and ship them myself.

If blurb had photo paper it would be ideal!

Is there a possiblity that this might happen someday? Are they thinking about it? And if so, when?

If not, are there other websites out there that use photo paper AND sells the books too?

I just think this would be IDEAL and I would come here and sell books like crazy if this was an option.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
JustSmurfy
Aug 4, 2009 2:22pm PDT
JustSmurfy

I agree! I just received my first book, and I was quite disapointed that the premium paper was not nearly as nice as the books I have created on on other sites. The book is not nearly as stunning.  I was also hoping to find a site that used photo paper and had the ability to sell books!

Posted by
gkms1990
Aug 20, 2009 1:17pm PDT
gkms1990

Wow… I just completed an online complaint form with blurb about some issues I had with my first book and one of those complaints is about the paper.  I noticed in comparison with the books I’ve made through shutterfly that the blurb book paper was extremely thin and this makes it difficult to turn the pages :(   Plus..I was underwhelmed with the "flat" appearance of the images. On my monitor the images look vivid but in the book they do not. The colors match it’s just the image color is flat :(  I want to make more books with blurb but now I’m not sure. I was excitied to receive my book but was soon disappointed with the final outcome.

Posted by
naturalgrl
Aug 21, 2009 12:44pm PDT
naturalgrl

Try Abelli, they do a very nice gloss paper as an option, well printed.  Only thing they don’t do is the book jacket but they will print on the actual cover.  I have used both Blurb and abelli,  The blurb sorftware is a little quicker to use but the end result printed book on gloss paper is far better  .My blurb book with its cover jacket looks a little better fro the outside but the abelli is far better on the inside.  No darkening of images, all images pretty much as seen on my screen

Posted by
kjm4321
Sep 18, 2009 3:11am PDT
kjm4321