Book Printing

Blurb rocks!

Just got my first copies of my 5th book done through Blurb.  Very pleased.  This is the first book I have done in the 5X8 B&W format.  My books are text and balck and white line drwaing cartoons, no photos to speak of, so this product is ideal for my books.  These books were done by the printer in MA and were crisp, clean and very saleable.  I have not had any of the challenges I have heard of from others here.

For my purposes I would love to see a small book, like, say, paperback only in 4 1/2 high X 6 1/2 wide.  I could sell a boat load like that.

TY ClipperGuy

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Clipperguy
Oct 31, 2009 7:46am PDT
Clipperguy

For b&w line drawings and text, it should print well. Just don’t use photos. The b&w format does not reproduce photos consistently well.

Posted by
koolkat
Nov 2, 2009 5:34pm PDT
koolkat

I have now made 4 b/w photo books with blurb. I have been pleased with each one. The tonalities have been spot on. My last book was about darkness. Subtle shadows, dark pages with dark text. Everything matched what I saw on screen and in my proofs. I have also seen great consistency between hardcover printed on the West Coast and soft cover printed in MA. After all of the negative feedback that I have seen I was a bit worried, but now blurb has proven to me there superior quality at a price that is reasonable. Blurb does rock!

Posted by
jgehrt
Nov 3, 2009 8:26pm PDT
jgehrt