Book Printing

Received New Books and Not Pleased

I received my book orders and opened with excitement, however I was disappointed.  The pages in several books were kinks as if someone looks at the books before packaging.  Also the several books with white page behind the book cover had bubbles  and were not seated properly. Frown

I think there is a need for better quality control on the printings, colors, and the overall products at the printing facility.

Long

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
mtnflieger
Nov 27, 2009 8:25pm PDT
mtnflieger

Consider contacting Blurb.  If it is a defect in printing or binding, they will replace them.  For me, I have had two major problems with binding issues and one problem with colors on imagewrap books.  Blurb had to end up reprinting 24 of 32 books!

Posted by
friend1979
Nov 28, 2009 6:20pm PDT
friend1979

thank you for the information…I have been pretty happy with the printing only this last batch was not to standard

Posted by
mtnflieger
Nov 29, 2009 1:08am PDT
mtnflieger

I had the same problem with serious folds in the middle of some pages, on a book received yesterday (11/30/09). I also noticed some image quality problems with some photos – one in particular was OK when used on the dust jacket, but of a much lower quality when printed on an internal page.

This is my second book with Blurb – the first one was OK but I’m unhappy with the latest one.

Posted by
ronners
Dec 1, 2009 11:43am PDT
ronners