Book Printing

First Order Pending (Softcover)

I have just completed my first book which I have been working on for a couple months.  I am going to order premium paper with a soft cover.  I have a couple questions I hope some people can answer, before I submit my order.

My book is 112 pages.  Can anyone that has a printed premium paper book provide the thickness of what 112 pages would be.  I know this is quite an odd question but it is going to determine if I order the softcover or go with hardcover.

When you use the "Preview Book" in BookSmart is it an accurate representation of what your book will look like? (Print quality, text placement)

I find it very hard to find high quality pictures of someone’s finished softcover book.  Has anyone posted detail photos of their book that they can link me too?  (binding, size comparison)

Thanks, Tom

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
tomenglandph
Dec 21, 2009 1:51pm PDT
tomenglandph

I have found Preview Book to be extremely accurate of what my book will look like.  But I did learn that after uploading the book to Blurb.com to also preview that version again online.  Once I had a font come across differently when uploaded.  It was only for two words on one page (the Introduction).  I didn’t look at the online book before ordering.  If I had, I would have seen the obviously different font online than what I saw in Preview Book.

Posted by
friend1979
Dec 21, 2009 7:00pm PDT
friend1979