Book Printing

Locked color issues

I uploaded a book about two weeks ago.  I ordered and received one copy.   I liked the book except for the placement of the photographs on the page.  I made corrections then uploaded the book without making any other corrections.  I ordered and received the corrected copy.  The color shifted dramatically to a blue tint on all of the photographs.  What happened?

Posted by
ScottEngel
Feb 22, 2010 12:08pm PDT
ScottEngel

Did you calibrated your monitor?

Brian {a passionately Blurbarian}

Posted by
brianbonitz
Feb 22, 2010 12:25pm PDT
brianbonitz

Don’t understand. If he only made changes in placement, that shouldn’t  have had any effect on the color.

Posted by
loricherokee
Feb 23, 2010 11:59am PDT
loricherokee

Blurb sends books to be printed to any of a number of printers. The same file printed at one printer can look different at another. There is no way to specify using a printer whose results you like. It’s a matter of chance.

Posted by
jshook
Feb 24, 2010 6:34am PDT
jshook

Depends upon which printer they sent it to. Contact customer service and tell them the quality problem. Hopefully they will reprint it for you.

Posted by
koolkat
Feb 24, 2010 10:22pm PDT
koolkat

In response to jshook, it shouldn’t be a matter of chance whether or not your book looks good depending on the different printers. All the printers should deliver a quality product. I hope they do when I submit my book, because it’s gonna be 440 pages.

Posted by
huskers69
Feb 26, 2010 11:21am PDT
huskers69

I had a color problem with my two imagewrap books when I ordered last fall.  I sent comparison photos with my imagewrap and dustcover books to show the color difference.  Blurb reprinted the imagewrap books.

I would contact them and explain the situation.

Posted by
friend1979
Mar 4, 2010 12:45pm PDT
friend1979

huskers69: Of course it shouldn’t. But it does.

Posted by
jshook
Mar 5, 2010 6:57am PDT
jshook

I had the exact same problem—one book great, the second book blue tint to all B&W photos

Posted by
Tyler0462
Jan 10, 2011 7:43pm PDT
Tyler0462

Hi Tyler0462

I’m sorry to hear your BW images had a color cast. Please contact us at customer support for assistance.

As this is an old thread I’m going to lock it. Should you have a new question please either start a new thread for help from the community, or contact us here at customer support.

Regards,
Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Jan 11, 2011 2:26pm PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff