Book Printing

Locked I just received my book and I'm soooo happy!

It looks amazing!!

I felt concerned because I read a lot of bad comments on the forum but seriously I want to jump up and down right now!

The prinitng is totally fine (this is not pictures though but drawings)

Some people said it prints darker than what you see on the screen, which is right, I knew it so I made my drawings a bit brighter before send it to print.

I also took image wrap to see how it looks. Looks fine to me!

I also took the premium paper with matt finish, I think I made a good choice because small children will play with it and it looks really resistant.

Oh well…just wanted to share…

Have a nice day you all :)

me and my book

Posted by
Gourgandise
Jun 17, 2010 11:44am PDT
Gourgandise

I just received an other batch of my book with a softcover and ordinary paper, and it looks good too.

The cover is just slightly lighter than the image wrap cover but that’s fine I’m not THAT picky

Posted by
Gourgandise
Jun 26, 2010 3:28pm PDT
Gourgandise

Glad to hear you like your books—thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Jun 28, 2010 11:41am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

The first one is pretty special I agree.

Posted by
dmkilbride
Jun 28, 2010 4:30pm PDT
dmkilbride

Having ordered my first book I checked out the forum and worried about the print quality. Then today my book arrived way ahead of projected delivery date and it looks absolutely fantastic. The print quality is superb on top quality paper. The covers (soft) are far better quality than expected and my overall opinion prompted me to order more copies of my book with some revisions to the text. Blurb gets 100% top marks from me!

Posted by
srburton
Jul 8, 2010 7:20am PDT
srburton

hi im just gettin started, did you write your own book? I have writen one and was wondering if I shd use Blurb to compile it then contact pblisher??

thanks So much

Ms H

Posted by
mskristarae
Jul 22, 2010 1:31am PDT
mskristarae

mskristarae> I wrote my books, and then (for one of them) I think I will use a copy to send it to a publisher.

Posted by
Gourgandise
Jul 24, 2010 10:18am PDT
Gourgandise

I received my new book!

THANK YOU AGAIN BLURB!!! You’re the bests!

Posted by
Gourgandise
Jul 27, 2010 2:32pm PDT
Gourgandise

Great stuff. lovely book too.

Posted by
redtreeme
Jul 29, 2010 10:40pm PDT
redtreeme

oh thank you!! Sorry I didn’t see you answered ;)

Posted by
Gourgandise
Sep 11, 2010 11:09am PDT
Gourgandise

I have just had my second lot of Blurb books delivered and they are fantastic. As it was family history stuff, some of the photo originals were of a very poor quality but by adhering to the prods on Booksmart and resizing they have come out brilliantly. Also…amazing delivery time even at this busy Christmas period. Thank you so much and I will certainly be ordering more.

Posted by
pwmmusic
Dec 20, 2010 10:25am PDT
pwmmusic

Many thanks to BLURB!!!! Happiness is receiving my Blurb book the day of my husband’s birthday (it was his present). It looks great! I was worried about the edges of photographs disappearing in the gutter but I needn’t have worried. Getting bolder now I’m already planning my next book. What a way to preserve family pictures…
Thanks, one happy customer

Posted by
ursula36
Dec 20, 2010 1:06pm PDT
ursula36

After doing about 20 Blurb books, I’m convinced they are as good as anyone else, less expensive than anyone else, and BookSmart is the most versatile layout software short of InDesign. For Gourgandise and anyone who claims their pictures print darker, it’s likely because your monitor is not calibrated. Monitors from the factory have their brightness set too high, so pictures appear correctly bright on the screen, but in reality are not that bright. Most monitors are set to 180-200 (I think the unit is lumens). Try setting it back to around 100, and your prints and books will look like your screen.

Posted by
lastdollar
Jan 29, 2011 2:13pm PDT
lastdollar

Another voice for that wow feeling of unwrapping something wonderful! My third book arrived today and it is stunning.  I went all out on this one – maximum size and premium lustre paper – and included what I’d learnt from my two previous books. Even though it was printed in Holland this is lovely and well worth the somewhat daunting price. Thanks!!

Posted by
Claustral
Apr 4, 2011 10:25am PDT
Claustral