Book Printing

Which is correct --Photoshop image or BookSmart image?

Hello,

I’ve soft proofed my image on my callibrated monitor and it looks great.  When I bring it into BookSmart it looks more saturated.  Is this because BookSmart is not callibrated?  Can I trust the image on my monitor to be truer to the final result than what I see in my BookSmart layout?

Thanks for your input!

~Linda

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
eljaykay
Jul 2, 2010 9:15pm PDT
eljaykay

Photoshop. BookSmart does not handle color profiles correctly. See:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/blurb/discuss/72157622989607545/

Posted by
jshook
Jul 5, 2010 6:58am PDT
jshook

P.S. Click on the link to the picture and follow the discussion to the end.

Posted by
jshook
Jul 5, 2010 7:00am PDT
jshook

I am also experiencing this issue.  I edit in LR, export as jpg in sRGB. I then load the images into BookSmart, and they look warmer and more saturated than they did in LR.  Monitor calibrated, and profiled, running Win7 64bit, BookSmart 3.0.2.

Interestingly, the printed book looks bang on like it does in BookSmart.  Colors and brightness are fine.

Also, if I make one of the exported images my Windows desktop background, it looks the same as it does in BookSmart – warmer and more saturated than the LR version.  Previewing the image in Windows Picture Viewer looks the same as LR.  Odd. 

Any insight?

Posted by
jrosedds
Sep 26, 2011 10:36pm PDT
jrosedds

I’m curious, jrose dds, what size is the book that you’ve printed and had great color and exposure?  Did you notice when you received the book where it originated from? What city? Blurb, I gathered from the forums uses different printing companies in the USA maybe depending upon size or quality of paper?  Anyone know? 

Posted by
nstuart
Sep 28, 2011 2:46pm PDT
nstuart