Book Printing

Locked Happy with my book!

I just received my book  FRANKRIJK 2010 /  large / landscape / 160 pages / premium paper / matte / and I am very pleased with it! (printed in Holland)

Thank you BLURB!

Bea

Posted by
beadick
Jan 6, 2011 3:49am PDT
beadick

I read the posts in the forum "Poor Printing" and became scared that my book would not come out well. I actually posted a comment expressing my fears. Well, I received my book last week and I LOVE IT!!!! I got the hard cover with flap and the premium paper. It’s beautiful. Except for one page that was cropped much more than how it appeared in the preview, the book was perfect. I had none of the issues discussed in other forums and am planning my next book. I wanted to post this in the "Poor Printing" forum but there was no longer a button to reply to topic.

Thank you BLURB. I’M HAPPY!!!!!!!! :-)

Posted by
karmelgraham
Jan 13, 2011 8:01am PDT
karmelgraham

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We’re always happy to hear you love your books!

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
Jan 13, 2011 9:05am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

I received my first two copies of my book "Air Displays 2010"

I had read complaint after complaint about poor images so I was a little concerned. I needn’t have been, the photographs are stunning and the book is perfectly produced. I may have done the wrong thing but, for my images, I used the photos in the highest resolution possible and  it has really paid off. Of 40 pages of images, there is only one that is just below "good" and that is down to my poor original – after all, any of us photographers know, you need to start with a decent original image – you can’t expect someone else to perform digital miracles for you.

Thanks Blurb – my intention for the future – a new, bigger and better Air Displays book every year from now on!(and others in between!)

Dave, Worcestershire, UK

Posted by
DaveBriers
Jan 23, 2011 4:39pm PDT
DaveBriers

I received my first book last week and it looks great. I too was a little worried after reading so many negative comments, but it seems now there was no reason to. Of course, the book is not printed on superquality photopaper, but Blurb’s premium comes pretty close. Because most people on this forum said that pictures come out darker in the book, I hold back a little on adjusting the contrast. That wasn’t necessary at all, because all the shots look more or less the same as on screen (after good calibration and proofing). So, thanks Blurb!

Posted by
Spaggit
Jan 26, 2011 7:57am PDT
Spaggit

At risk of needless repetition (I sent a similar contribution in last night which hasn’t come up): My fourth book has just come back and, as always, I’m delighted with the quality.

For the other three books I’d used recent images from a 15 megapixel SLR and had no worries about the definition or contrast. However, every picture in the latest book was nearly fourteen years old and scanned from sldes or colour negative film and I was a little apprehensive that the different source might affect picture quality, but they all turned out well despite a lower number of pixels in each image. The consistency of colour over the whole book was excellent – in fact better than the original prints in the case of images from colour negatives, and fitting in pretty seamlessly with those scanned from slides where the colour was accurate in the first place. 

It’s probably fair to say that the new images from the new DSLR have less dense shadow areas and more detail in the shadows, but the original slide camera was of a lower specification and I don’t think that’s anything to do with blurb’s printing process. Every image, whatever its source, is very acceptable and the high quality is consistent throughout the book.

As I have thousands of slides/colour film/black and white film and print images from the past this book has given me the confidence to go on and build up a family record based on scanned images and the help of blurb books.

The imagewrap cover was absolutely superb – rich, dense colour and great definition from a scanned image.

Thanks again blurb – you’ve never let me down!

Ian, Bridgend, South Wales

Posted by
ianto25
Jan 29, 2011 5:33am PDT
ianto25