Book Printing

Grey end sheets are an upgrade?

I’m not sure why Blurb considers grey end sheets an upgrade. Thicker, sure. But grey? Is anyone else disappointed with this change?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
drunkenboxer
Mar 20, 2011 2:08pm PDT
drunkenboxer

I can’t understand why grey sheets are considered appropriate – most books have white pages – white end sheets keep it consistent. It seems to me that grey end sheets will look off – I am wondering why more people aren’t somewhat peeved by the change?

Posted by
jogirl
Mar 20, 2011 5:54pm PDT
jogirl

Today I received two 7×7 books, one a soft cover and the other an image wrap. Neither one has grey end sheets. They are white! GretchenT  03-30-11

Posted by
GretchenT
Mar 30, 2011 5:53pm PDT
GretchenT

Gretchen, the "upgrade" doesn’t begin until [the 13th of April. – date corrected by moderator].

Posted by
escher
Apr 1, 2011 2:18am PDT
escher

I’m not thrilled with the prospect of grey at all.

is the  switch to grey in all books, or jsut the HC books? I only find reference to it in regards to the HCs.

My book is entirely white based, and grey sheets at the end would really ruin the feel of my book. at least in my opinion, which is the only one that matters. 

unfortunately, my ‘proof’ copy was ordered before the switch, and I won’t have it in hand until after the switch, so I have no idea now what my book will actualyl look like if this effects  soft cover books, too.

Posted by
r_sail
Apr 5, 2011 1:00pm PDT
r_sail

@r_sail: Softcovers won’t be affected, since they don’t have any end sheets.

Posted by
Revenant
Apr 5, 2011 4:23pm PDT
Revenant

good to know, thank you.

Posted by
r_sail
Apr 6, 2011 9:56am PDT
r_sail

Seems like an interseting choice to me as well… would love an option to "opt out" of the "upgrade"

Posted by
Jingothecat
Apr 7, 2011 2:50pm PDT
Jingothecat

It would be great if BLURB offered cover options – that would be a great upgrade!  Leather, fabric, etc?  I hope those will be cover options soon!

Posted by
laurenisaacs
Apr 18, 2011 9:43pm PDT
laurenisaacs