Book Printing

Lay-Flat Page Option

I don’t believe Blurb has this feature yet or does it?

I have to look to other printing house for that. It’s really too bad.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Gamb1t
May 2, 2011 11:55am PDT
Gamb1t

It is too bad that they do not have this option. Any suggestions on where else to go??

Posted by
lecarter
May 25, 2011 10:38am PDT
lecarter

The latest product survey has this as one of the options you can vote on.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 25, 2011 10:55am PDT
tfrankland

The company called www.sharedink.com has a Lay-flat option. Their books are very well-printed, but more expensive than Blurb.

Stan

Posted by
StanLichens
May 26, 2011 1:36pm PDT
StanLichens

Hope Blurb makes the layflat pages an option soon as it would be a great benefit especially in the thicker books. Have had some done by MyPublisher with layflat pages and they came out great. Blurb has much better layout options so would prefer to make my books with Blurb but would really like the layflat pages.
Ritch

Posted by
ritch
May 27, 2011 2:14am PDT
ritch

shutterfly have this option

Posted by
alvinksu
Jan 7, 2013 4:04pm PDT
alvinksu

I am a great fan of Blurb and have created many books that are very pleasing. I teach tutorials for my photography group on how to make books with Blurb. I think you have the right balance of print quality, book format choices, paper choices, binding, and price, and I really like the Booksmart tools -

However, I have recently seen several examples of My Publisher books with lay-flat pages that are spectacular – will Blurb offer than option soon or do I have to reluctantly switch publishers to get that option.

Posted by
chuckwill
Mar 9, 2013 1:22pm PDT
chuckwill

I want to make some landscape cooks, but I’m also waiting for lay flat pages. The survey above was over a year ago. Does anyone have current information on that option?
Thanks
Angie

Posted by
angelab
Mar 11, 2013 1:10pm PDT
angelab