Book Printing

ProLine Pearl Photo Paper

I gave Proline Pearl Paper a try, and I am very impressed with the results!

First, I would like to pay some attention to very quick turn-around on this particular book. Took 3 business days from Ordering Date to Delivery. Amazing!

The Pearl Photo Paper looks very good. I love it. It makes my pictures look much better. I’m very glad! 

Thank you!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
evilgirl
May 15, 2011 12:37pm PDT
evilgirl

Thanks for this, I’m considering using proline. I’d be particularly interested to hear from anyone who has tried the uncoated paper. :)

Posted by
kittykat23uk
May 16, 2011 12:05pm PDT
kittykat23uk

I’ve used the Proline Pearl paper too and it is excellent. Everyone who has laid hands on my book has commented the quality of the paper (and the photographs, I’m happy to report)!!

Posted by
seanmartin
May 20, 2011 4:33am PDT
seanmartin

I just ordered a book with Proline Pearl finish. I hope it will wow me for the price premium! hahaha…

Also went with the Oat Meal cover.

anyone spend money on the book ends?  I didn’t.

Posted by
Gamb1t
May 22, 2011 3:34pm PDT
Gamb1t

I published this week two test books at Blurb: Printing black and white with Blurb, 33 proofs of neutral and toned black and white originals on ProLine Uncoated Paper  http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2209393  and Printing black and white with Blurb, 33 proofs of neutral and toned black and white originals on ProLine Pearl Photo Paper http://www.blurb.com/my/book/detail/2209272

This is a workflow to produce neutral and toned printed images from black and white originals

There has always been a problem in printing black and white images with a four colour process like the HP Indigo printing machines of Blurb use. The grey tones are printed with four colours, so you may have the problems of a slight colour cast or some metamerism when viewing the images under different light sources.

How can we approximately achive pure neutral B&W prints and how can we emulate duotone prints with the four colour process? For monochrome images I recommend using toned images as it might be difficult to obtain a neutral gray image from a Four Colour Process printer. With a duotone or a toned image the colour might subtle shift from screen to print, but it will present far less of a problem than a slightly magenta or green tinted neutral grey would. Also a duotone will lend a pleasing dimensionality to your images.

This is a test book with 33 proofs of pure or toned black and white images with the Blurb ICC Profile and some other CMYK Profiles. There are different toning procedures used and described.

There is also a test page with different black backgrounds like Rich Black, Plain Black, Cool and Warm Black.

Posted by
franzhuempfn
May 28, 2011 11:39am PDT
franzhuempfn

The information you have given is really useful, but as I go through the forums looking for new posts seeing the same post time after time after time after time is very frustrating and a complete waste of my time.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 28, 2011 12:49pm PDT
tfrankland

I am considering making a wedding book.  Is the Proline photo paper thicker than the standard paper?

Posted by
MXR0DFE
May 29, 2011 3:32pm PDT
MXR0DFE

The Proline paper is thicker than the Standard paper. If you select the Proline menu item at the top of this page then scroll down to the heading Beautiful Paper for Beatuiful Results and click on each paper type in turn it will display the characteristics, including the weight, of each of Blurb’s papers.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 29, 2011 11:44pm PDT
tfrankland

@Tony. This isn’t just another of those “How to print neutral B & W with Blurb” posts. This guy has produced 2 books that are really helpful tools toward anticipating and achieving predicable results.

IMHO, Should be a Blurb Staff Pick !

I’ve not seen anyone else produce a book so helpful and explicit and can’t figure why you see it as a complete waste of time? For me, it’s quite the contrary.

Posted by
seanmartin
May 30, 2011 1:52am PDT
seanmartin

I did not say the book was a waste of time, if you read my post more carefully you’ll see I said the information was really useful and I meant it.

What was the waste of my time was coming across exactly the same post repeated 4 times in 4 different threads. If you read the Forum Community Guidelines you’ll see….. Also, regardless of its validity, posting the same message over and over across different threads or on different books is considered spamming

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 30, 2011 2:31am PDT
tfrankland

Hello there franzhuempfn,

Please revieiw our rules around posting the same message over and over again. I’m glad you want to share your experience but once is enough, please! I’m going to remove your three duplicate posts to keep things tidy round here.

Regards,

Michael/Blurb Customer Support

Posted by
mikewhy
May 31, 2011 8:07am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

Hello Michael,

Sorry, I didn´t know your rules. I will respect this in future.

Regards

Franz

Posted by
franzhuempfn
Jun 1, 2011 2:58am PDT
franzhuempfn

Proline pearl paper ONLY comes in with dust jacket. I would prefer the image wrap book with proline pearl piper. Does anyone agree?

Posted by
mluisac
Jun 1, 2011 6:29am PDT
mluisac

yes, agreed.

Posted by
scaramuzza
Jun 13, 2011 3:04pm PDT
scaramuzza

If I make a photo book (8×10) and use Proline Uncoated paper, should I set the colors in InDesign to be CMYK Process Uncoated? Thanks so much for your help!

Posted by
EllaK1017
Oct 2, 2013 6:21pm PDT
EllaK1017