Web Features

ipad/iphone version

When sending the link of my published book to my friends for them to order, it only has the option to purchase the hard copies of the book and does not have the option to purchase the ipad/iphone version. as its author, do i need to enable the ipad/iphone version for my friends? thanks,

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
LeahR
Oct 22, 2011 7:23am PDT
LeahR

Yes, you do.

For some reason, you cannot just have the ebook version. You need to make it available in at least one print version (hardcover with or without flaps, softcover). I now have three versions of my book myself: one for hardcover, one for softcover (because we wanted different ISBNs) and we tweaked it a little to show up better on iPad and made a new version for ebook.

When setting up your book, you should see the options to set your price on all versions. You have to turn on one of the print versions, then the ebook version underneath. 

We made it clear on this new version that it was tweaked and it was meant for ebook, but if they like that version noothing stops them from buying the softcover, I guess.

Here’s the book, just as an example:

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2583731?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=bookstore-share

Hope it helps!

Posted by
nfabri
Oct 23, 2011 11:44am PDT
nfabri

thanks. it says i need to buy the ebook version first before i can offer it to others. but, i don’t want to buy the ebook version since i neither have ipad nor iphone. guess, i still have to purchase the ebook for no use?

Posted by
LeahR
Oct 23, 2011 3:32pm PDT
LeahR

I completely with you. I have no Ipad or Iphone. I have other thoughts on this matter as well.

I was excited that this method ould no be an option but I feel that Blurb is doing their authors a great injustice by first expecting them to repurchase their own creations, now in the ebook format. We know how our books read, we wrote them, &  essentially have paid for them when we published. We have copies of our own books. In this dire economy, most of us are in the same boat & would love to introduce the Ipad/Iphone option to potential customers but cannot because we cannot afford to first repurchase our previous work. On newly published books, I cannot see having to purchase a binded copy & an ebook version. It is the same book. I understand that Blurb needs to make profit as well but perhaps a one time small fee for turning on the new service would be a more lucrative, fairer way for all involved.  With the amount of us that probably cannot afford to turn on the new service & cannot even introduce the new format to potential would be customers, how much can Blurb expect to profit. Thank you for taking the time to read the feedback that I think many will agree with.

Posted by
YDONTIFITIN
Oct 27, 2011 2:21pm PDT
YDONTIFITIN

having keyboard issues  – the letter "w"  not posting

"would now be an option"

Posted by
YDONTIFITIN
Oct 27, 2011 2:23pm PDT
YDONTIFITIN

I’ve raised this as well and in another thread . The technical issues others are having together with some market research of my target audience suggest at least for now I won’t be taking up the E-book option . Net impact potential lost revenue for Blurb for the sake of £1.49

Posted by
Martincreese
Oct 28, 2011 3:37am PDT
Martincreese