Web Features

Non-US Customers

As a new customer I have so far found all that Blurb has to offer pretty good, however I was very disappointed to learn that there is no option, as yet, for non-US customers to make any profit on their books. I realise that this option is in development but it would be great to know just how long before this option is available? Seems Blurb are missing out on a great number of customers and I am keen to get my book out there and see if I can make some money. Other POD sites already offer it as standard, I can’t see why its so difficult, so Come On Blurb, let us know when this option is arriving! Thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
pensans
Nov 4, 2007 4:20am PDT
pensans

I agree with Pensans on his point. As a Canadian living in Mexico, I guess I’m out of the running as well in terms of making even a modest profit on a Blurb book. I hope that the Company figures out a way around this problem….....Keith

Posted by
cantudoit2
Nov 4, 2007 10:03am PDT
cantudoit2

This is an issue for me too.  I have just spent hours preparing a book.  I did it with the understanding that I would be able to set prices and profit from my work.  It is obvious that Blurb’s business model is mostly based on this option.  Blurb makes it a big point when you start to read about Blurb but it was not until I went to set my prices that I found out that I could not set my own prices because I am in Canada. Excuse me for my sarcasm but please note:  the Internet is available globally.  It is a very, very bad business practice to not disclose conditions up front. 

Another example of bad business practice is the lack of choice with shipping.  It is true that UPS has horendous "brokerage" charges when crossing the US / Canada border.  Their charges are totally ridiculous. 

These are two very serious issues.  I notice that Blurb staff are monitoring discussions on the forum and responding and then not responding to others.  I red very good responses to the discussion on requiring a registration but I see almost no response to the discussion on UPS charges.  

I really hope to hear from Blurb staff on these problems.  Luckily there are lots of others who want to offer what Blurb offers.  I will start to look around.

.... Kevin Lee – fotografiklee 

Posted by
fotografikle
Nov 4, 2007 1:59pm PDT
fotografikle

Agreed. And also I noted that whilst Blurb has no non-US price setting available at the moment, it has no problem in the meantime offering me the option to sell my book here so that THEY can make a profit! What’s the point of that!

Posted by
pensans
Nov 4, 2007 3:33pm PDT
pensans

We’ve got another thread covering Set Your Price here if you want to read what others are saying.  

Hope this helps.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Nov 5, 2007 12:02pm PDT
kathybad