Web Features

Cannot preview ANY books HELP

I still have not gotten an answer from customer service as to why I cannot preview any books. No matter what computer or browser I use (whether it is the latest version of flash or earlier versions) I cannot seem to preview the book with the broadband connection. I have even tried some of my friends’ machines with no luck. This is making me nuts because I have been with Blurb for 2 years and have never had this problem. I cannot confidently send the link out to my new book if no one can preview it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

SunFish Travels

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
sft
Dec 2, 2011 12:27pm PDT
sft

Having the same problem. Can’t view the book I uploaded even though it uploaded successfully and they took my money for a preview book order.

Posted by
maryk79
Dec 4, 2011 11:02am PDT
maryk79

Absolutely having this same problem! Driving me crazy, as we have to get the order out for the holidays. I also just wrote to customer service. We’ll see.

Posted by
lotsoflight
Dec 4, 2011 11:33am PDT
lotsoflight

The same problem here…it must be a technical issue.

Posted by
afewimages
Dec 4, 2011 1:43pm PDT
afewimages

This is fixed now.

Posted by
Maggena
Dec 4, 2011 3:11pm PDT
Maggena Icon_staff

You Rock! Thanks for fixing it so fast!

Posted by
maryk79
Dec 4, 2011 3:26pm PDT
maryk79

Not so much… Doesn’t work here or for any of my friends. Maggena, what is it that was “fixed”? So far I have had three different people from tech support assigned to this issue and all they want to know is if I have a fast enough connection (yes,10Mbps), and what plugin am I using (11.1.102.55).

Anyone else out still experiencing this problem??

Posted by
sft
Dec 5, 2011 7:51am PDT
sft

PROBLEM SOLVED! Here’s how:

Open a Private window in Firefox (Ctl-Shift-p) or an Incognito window in Google Chrome (Ctl-Shift-n) and browse to any book preview and select it. Flash plugin SHOULD bring up the preview properly.

Once you’ve done this successfully you should be able to get preview working no matter what browser you use. If all you have is IE I’m sorry, I can’t help you.

Posted by
sft
Dec 6, 2011 5:48am PDT
sft

I can’t view or edit the book I’ve been working on as a Christmas gift.  Customer support suggested I delete internet files in IE, and if that didn’t work, download Firefox and that should fix it.  Neither worked.  They didn’t get back to me, so I’m looking for suggestions here.  Thx.

Posted by
GoVaughan
Dec 9, 2011 10:47pm PDT
GoVaughan

I only have the problem with the last book I uploaded [13 Jan 2012] which cannot be reviewed all my other books including that upload on the 11 Jan 2012 can be reviewed without an issue. If that is the case then the point of failure appears to point to Blurb and not the Browser or Flash Player.

Posted by
ernweber
Jan 15, 2012 2:45pm PDT
ernweber

The book that I uploaded on [13 Jan 2012] was ‘Standard Portrait’ which cannot be reviewed.
On [16 Jan 2012] I uploaded a book in ‘Standard Landscape’ which can be reviewed like the ‘Standard Landscape’ uploaded on the [11 Jan 2012]. If that is the case then the point of failure appears to point to Blurb ‘Standard Portrait’ issue and not the Browser or Flash Player.

Posted by
ernweber
Jan 16, 2012 3:38pm PDT
ernweber