Web Features

Registration Confusion

I just got an e-mail from a friend who wanted to order one of my books, but was utterly boggled by the registration process.  He updated the cart, he confirmed he was a new customer and then he was told that he could now download the BookSmart program to make his own book.

Which wasn’t at all what he wanted to do, obviously, but it stumped him enough to e-mail me.

Is there some way to clear this up or offer up a secondary registration screen?  Having walked through the process myself, it’s kind of a shock, even knowing what was going on.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ChrisB
Nov 15, 2007 11:43am PDT
ChrisB

The behavior you described shouldn’t be happening, so if it is, I want to fix it :)

I tried to reproduce it though and couldn’t. Here is what I did, tell me if what you (or your friend he if told you the details) did.

1. signed out
2. went to bookstore, added a book to cart
3. clicked continue and was prompted to log in
4. clicked ‘register’ (there is a register button next to the login form, and one on the top which one did you use?)
5. registered an account and click ‘submit’
6. I think landed back at step one of the checkout process, as expected.

It worked for me, but I’d like to figure out what happened for you and your friend, it’s possible there is a bug that just isn’t happening when I do it. If you can let me know any more details I’ll try to figure it out.

Thanks!

Posted by
trafnar
Nov 15, 2007 7:54pm PDT
trafnar