Web Features

Locked Deleted wrong book version

HELP!!!

I just now deleted the latest version of my book accidentally. I had just uploaded it lastr night and already placed an order for myself. I went in this morning to do the Set Your Price and get ready to announce the book and I deleted it instead of the older version.

I already emailed support….I am ok with re-uploading the book BUT I do not want to have it buy it again…..I hope someone there can help me out…

I can’t believe I did that….

:(

Posted by
BlackDoll
Apr 25, 2008 5:32am PDT
BlackDoll

Nevermind. You know that really is lousy, there isn’t even a "Are you SURE you want to delete this book??" warning button. Annoyed.

"Thanks for writing us at Blurb!

You’ll have to re-upload and re-order to put your book back into the bookstore. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience, but there’s no way around that."

Posted by
BlackDoll
Apr 25, 2008 11:37am PDT
BlackDoll

Hi BlackDoll -

We actually do include a warning/confirmation pop up before we delete your book (screen shot below). If you didn’t receive this pop up, it would be great if you could tell us what operating system and browser you’re using.

Posted by
JackLyon
Apr 28, 2008 5:13pm PDT
JackLyon

Is it possible to get the book back once deleted??? Please!!!!

Posted by
mem1102
Jan 27, 2011 10:00pm PDT
mem1102

Hi there mem1102,

Once you delete a book from your My Books section at Blurb.com it’s gone forever. If you made that book in BookSmart, or via our PDF to Book workflow, you can simply upload it again—if you still have access to the original. If not, or if it was made in Bookify, I’m afraid it really is gone for good.

As this is an old thread I’m going to lock it. Should you have a question not answered by the info above please either start a new thread or contact us here at customer support.

Regards,
Michael/Blurb Customer Support 

Posted by
mikewhy
Jan 28, 2011 9:17am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff