Web Features

Electronic Version of My Book

I would really, really like an electronic version of my book to send to friends or to make available on my web site. I wish that Blurb made this feature available and I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for it. The preview feature is wonderful and demonstrates how elegantly a book can be displayed on the web, but it should include the whole book. Alternatively, Blurb could provide a proper PDF version. Please, Blurb, make it possible to order electronic book versions.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
rogawski
Nov 4, 2008 8:23am PDT
rogawski

I agree, this facility linked to my Wedding Photography website would be an extremely usefull sales tool, Pete,Image and Style

Posted by
peterclark
Nov 5, 2008 6:25am PDT
peterclark

I absolutely agree with this.  All of us, including Blurb can make some good money with this idea.  Providing a swf file to use on a web site would be particularly helpful.

Posted by
potus52
Dec 31, 2008 1:53pm PDT
potus52

Yes, it would be nice to be able to make the entire book available as an ebook for a reasonable fee. Good idea.

Posted by
MaryAnn.ca
Jan 11, 2009 8:14am PDT
MaryAnn.ca

So will Blurb do this?

Posted by
mwicks
Feb 15, 2009 2:34pm PDT
mwicks

We’re big fans of this as well, and we’re currently researching a few potential solutions. While we don’t have specific dates yet, we’ll let you know as soon as we do.

Posted by
JackLyon
Feb 17, 2009 1:39pm PDT
JackLyon

well if a full version of the book cannot be easily previewed what about a randomly generated viewing?

like… if the book is small, 1-20 pages you can see the whole book

as the book gets bigger you see more of the book but in randomly grouped section, i know there are a lot of site (am thinking at the moment of webcomics) that have a random "button" which jumps through any timeline in their web page to show you info

my first book to go public (3 others private) is 60 pages and 90 photos, as much as i love the first 15 pages i know that there are some really fantastic pictures elsewhere in the book. with mine i would love if the pages where shown so that people can get a feel for what hidden treasures i have.

on the other hand it has to be done well so that what ever is shown is not stole buy others… if you can work out a way to keep theft of the books from happening i would recommend a preview option… similar to what you have now but with more then just the first 15 pages

but like i said only if you can keep the work protected

thanks for listening

Posted by
thuillier
Feb 25, 2009 5:01am PDT
thuillier

I too, would love to see Burb have this as a service, it is so time consuming to put together, that it would be a great additional option to be able to put in into a website or use it for future reviews on a cd, etc…

Posted by
loripaints
Mar 4, 2009 10:52am PDT
loripaints

I agree…I have yet to publish any books using blurb as I am an amateur photographer and am just getting into creating some table books for some of my clients, however I do have a website and I think it would be great if I could just post the book on my own site for my clients to electronicly view their book as they do there photos. PLEASE Blurb offer this service!!! Even if you charge for it…I will pay for it!!!

Posted by
breighped
Jul 11, 2009 10:40pm PDT
breighped

Excellent idea! It would be awesome to have a full preview to imbed on my other websites. Having the option to sell a digital version of my book wouldn’t hurt either. I prefer physical books, but demand for electronic media is on the rise.

Posted by
Goblins_Den
Jul 17, 2009 11:22pm PDT
Goblins_Den

I agree with all of you. That’s something Blurb should consider. I would love to have an easy way to embed my book into my website.
Please, Blurb, consider it.

Posted by
tmlpbysandra
Aug 27, 2009 11:00am PDT
tmlpbysandra