Web Features

preview is not the whole book??

I sent an invitation to someone to look at a book of mine. But they could not see all of it? Is that standard? Or have I made a horrible mistake and have only a few page in what I thought was a 40 page book?? I looked at the preview and what I saw was not even half.

Thanks for the help.

Clair

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ClairDunn
Jan 6, 2009 1:39pm PDT
ClairDunn

Preview is only of the first 15 pages at the present time.  One of the questions in the current Blurb survey is whether or not to make Preview the entire book.  I voted for the entire book to be Previewed.

Posted by
deanej
Jan 6, 2009 2:23pm PDT
deanej

The preview is a preview of the first 15 pages only.

Posted by
Nicksboo824
Jan 14, 2009 9:09pm PDT
Nicksboo824

Absolutely ridiculouse… how is my bride supposed to preview every spread?

Now I need to make a 2nd book with the missing pages and then call her and explain what she’s previewing and approving exactly.

Not good.

Posted by
rebeccaindy
May 23, 2009 12:46pm PDT
rebeccaindy

I think you could probably invite her to look at the entire book in booksmart by using the "contributors" feature – and that way if there was something she didn’t like you could change it there before actually downloading the book to blurb.

Posted by
Bebensee
May 27, 2009 10:19pm PDT
Bebensee

Or do a print to a "PDF Writer" within BookSmart, then send your client the PDF to review. You’d need Adobe Acrobat or one of the free PDF Writers such as CutePDF, and the pages in the PDF would have a Blurb watemark on them but that wouldn’t get in the way of her reviewing and commenting.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 28, 2009 12:14am PDT
tfrankland

http://www.cutepdf.com/

Free PDF maker (works muilti-page documents). It shows up like a printer in all your programs but after printing to it you are prompted to save the PDF file.

Posted by
chrisz170
Jun 9, 2009 4:06pm PDT
chrisz170

I was wondering about this as well. After I did some searching, I noticed some books had a complete preview. It seems that a full book preview feature is in the beta-testing phase and will be available soon.

Posted by
Goblins_Den
Jul 17, 2009 11:00pm PDT
Goblins_Den

The beta of the full preview feature – it says it’s available for books entered in the photography now contest – I entered but can’t figure out how to turn this feature on – anyone figure it out yet?

Posted by
pwbuehler
Jul 18, 2009 2:30pm PDT
pwbuehler

Hi Ted,

If you took a look at FAQ in a link provided along with full-preview feature beta, in the case of some preview books has a complete preview. Some books that has ‘entered’ in Photography.Book.Now 2009 competition have this full-preview feature beta. Also, in that same FAQ info that mentioned that Blurb plans to add this full-preview feature for all Blurb Books listed on Blurb Bookstore—but do not know when it would be for, though.

However, it would be good for you and other Blurbarians to make a feedback comment – also included in that FAQ link and I made this link a litte easier for everyone a little faster and save some time at the same time. That said, you are encouraged to submit a feedback on bottom of that FAQ link above.

A friend of mine mentioned this last night and was a little confused. Because I know that all preview books are only shown first fifteen (15) pages. So I had learned about this beta feature included as of last night (July 17th 2009).

Hope that helps.  Happy Blurbing, Brian {a passionately Blurbarian}

Posted by
brianbonitz
Jul 18, 2009 6:29pm PDT
brianbonitz