Web Features

Locked My book doesn't show up in the bookstore when I search, what haven't I done?!

My book has been ordered (status-complete in order history), categorized, listed as public, tagged etc. but doesn’t show up as a ‘book’ when i search under author, title or username.

If I search my name in ‘Authors’ it comes up as no matched docs.
In ‘Bookstore’ it comes up with a book I contributed to but didn’t publish, but no sign of mine.
In ‘search all’ it comes up with the same book as in ‘Bookstore’, and as ‘books tagged with Paul Welch’ but NOT as a book.

My username brings up ziltch in ‘bookstore’ and my member profile in ‘search all’ and ‘authors’.

The title brings up ‘no matched docs’ in all categories.

Help/advice would be much appreciated!

Paul

(‘The Complete Motor Cycle Mechanic’s Encyclopedia’ by Paul welch)

Posted by
welchpix
Feb 27, 2009 10:32am PDT
welchpix

Try Concise Motor Cycle Mechanic’s Encyclopedia not Complete Motor Cycle Mechanic’s Encyclopedia

Posted by
Bobpeabody
May 31, 2009 5:29am PDT
Bobpeabody

I’m having the same problem – any ideas?

Ruth.

(Granada 2009)

Posted by
whitedragon
Jul 6, 2009 1:57pm PDT
whitedragon

Whoops — just posted about this same problem. I’ve tried contacting Customer Support and been promised it would be fixed, but my book only shows up with an exact title search. Keywords, authors names, nothing else works.

This has been going on for a month and half. C’mon, Blurb!

Arlene
(2 2 Tango – Year One)

Posted by
sambagrrl07
Aug 13, 2009 4:23pm PDT
sambagrrl07

Same problem here! Exact title works, nothing else.

Posted by
Zampolit
Aug 17, 2009 5:35am PDT
Zampolit

I can’t get mine to come up even searching hte exact title.  ANd I’ve sent out press release and a bunch of online ads telling folks to just go to Blurb and type in the title name (Naked Truth).  This is REALLY frustrating…

Posted by
jimwilks
Nov 1, 2010 2:45pm PDT
jimwilks

I have the same problem and I wonder if it is related to the following

I uploaded v1 of the book which I got a proof of . This was then corrected and a new version uploaded , the original one being deleted . My book doesn’t appear in search and yet the original one did almost immediately . So is it being confused by two copies of the same book ? As an extension the sales of V1 which were made generated immediate profit and yet v2 is still pending completion

I’ve marketed the book using it’s actual path , not through a search and this works and plenty of hits are being recorded

I’m now collating a second book so my plan is to upload this complete and see if this comes straight up

Martin

Posted by
Martincreese
Nov 2, 2010 8:04am PDT
Martincreese

I have the same problem here….it doesnt show up and i ordered one, so that’s not the problem :-(

even the exact title doesn’t work.

Grtz Rosita

Posted by
Damona-Art
Nov 5, 2010 4:29am PDT
Damona-Art

I am having this problem too.

CAN SOMEONE HIGHER UP IN THE BLURB MANAGEMENT RESPOND TO THIS MESSAGE, PLEASE?

I have contacted Blurb tech support and they “assure” me that they are working on this but have no capacity to give me a timeline for when this problem will be fixed.

I find this to be very disappointing, considering that the whole point of Blurb’s marketing is to allow you to sell your books through their bookstore.
If you look back at this thread, this problem has been going on for years, and blurb has not fixed it.

Thank You.

- Evan
Posted by
egraff
Nov 6, 2010 11:37am PDT
egraff

Hi,

This problem with books not appearing in search has been resolved. Since it was unrelated to the original post of this thread it will be locked from further posting to avoid confusion.

-Craig

Posted by
csm
Nov 9, 2010 3:17pm PDT
csm Icon_staff