Web Features

Selling help needed

OK, I need to know: how secure is giving my social security number to blurb in order to enroll in set my price? I am entering my book in the contest and also have a ton of people who are ready to buy it, but I need to make some money off it, not just sell it at cost. By making it public, I want the control of the price set point. I know I can go get a tax id number, which I planned to do, just don’t have time ‘this week’ to get it.
So basically, if I don’t tell anyone about it here, I’d probably just lose out on sales here, but not where I plan to market? Does this make sense! If it’s public, does that mean it also is available for sale? Or can it be public without being made for sale here?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Toni
Jul 13, 2009 6:56pm PDT
Toni

You will notice when you enroll the site changes from an "http" site to an "htts" site – the "s" means it is a secure site – you should also see a little padlock at the bottom of your internet screen.  And yes if you make it public it will make your book available for purchase on the site.  However you can "set your price" on a private book as well – you do not have to make it public to set your price –

Posted by
Bebensee
Jul 15, 2009 10:57pm PDT
Bebensee