Web Features

Voting for the Photography.Book.Now.

As a "people", I have the ambition to at least skim all the entries to make a qualified vote. However, as I come back to the pages, the sequence of titles has rolled. Fair that everybody should have a go at the start, but in this way I can`t be sure to have seen all entries. Next year it should be possible to watch the titles alfabetical besides the random sequence. Maybe you should be able to make a shortlist of your own candidates under your entry to highlight works that might otherwise have been unnoticed.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
MortenR
Jul 26, 2009 3:09am PDT
MortenR

I agree with you Morten, the PBN bookstore is so large it has become impossible to navigate in any meaningful way. Alphabetical order would help, I agree. I’d also like to see it split into the entry categories (Fine Art, Editorial, Commercial), and the usual Blurb categories (travel, children, etc).

I’m not so sure the order is randomly changing (though that would make voting more fair). I noticed it change once but it has been the same books on the first page for several days now.

Posted by
benjamlee
Jul 28, 2009 11:45am PDT
benjamlee

I think the only practical way of sorting through the large number of entries in the bookstore is to do a refined search using multiple keywords on your topic of interest so as to limit as much as possible the number of books you’ll need to "skim" through :-) 

Posted by
deoxygen
Jul 30, 2009 2:40pm PDT
deoxygen

The thrill of this competion is that you see work that you would not otherwise have come across. With targeted keywords you would miss the surprises. But more categories like Cars, Landscape, Religious, Family, Travel …. would help.

Posted by
MortenR
Jul 31, 2009 12:46am PDT
MortenR