Web Features

Cannot see record of sales of my book

I have just put a book live, I made my first sale last night, a friend bought a copy. However I can’t see anywhere on my account to inform me of the sale. I have looked in the sales section but there is nothing. Does it not register until it has been shipped? Should I get an email to inform me?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Jimbus
Oct 3, 2007 12:22am PDT
Jimbus

Hi Jimbus,

Are you participating in Blurb’s Set Your Price program? If you are, then your book sales will be tracked in your My Blurb dashboard. The book sale is counted when the book ships out and Blurb processes the order payment. If you are not in the program because it is currently only available to U.S. citizens, then your sales are not tracked. We plan on opening up the program internationally, so stay tuned. We’ll announce it in the Forums as soon as it’s available to more  Blurbarians.

Cheers,

Allison 

Posted by
allibehr
Oct 3, 2007 1:12pm PDT
allibehr

Hi Allison

I am in the UK. I looked at that option but I could see it was US only, is that the only way I can track my sales? I would have thought I would get an email or something to inform me of when a book sells? Seems a shame as I am now totally unaware of when my book sells and who has bought it :-(

I have a number of photography friends who seemed keen, would have been nice to keep track. 

Posted by
Jimbus
Oct 3, 2007 3:01pm PDT
Jimbus

Please Staff, give priority to this topic. Users outside US are very interested in keeping track of the sales even if the don’t have the "Set your price" program… If I made a book I wanna know how many copy it sells. And if it is an interesting number maybe I can very interested in push it and join to the Set Your Price program…. as Lulu does.

Stefano 

Posted by
pensiero
Oct 4, 2007 5:38am PDT
pensiero