Web Features

Book previews on iPad/ iPhone?

I am thinking of buying an iPad to show off my photos & Blurb books while on the move. My question is about the use of Flash for the preview function: will the (Flash-less) iPad be able to show the Blurb site & book previews? Has anyone tried using an iPhone to see book previews?

Thanks,

Sarah 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
SarahGraham
Feb 2, 2010 3:16am PDT
SarahGraham

Hi Sarah,

Good question. As you know, the iPhone doesn’t support Adobe Flash technology, which is the primary way our book previews work today. Instead, there’s a slow connection mode that uses HTML that makes our book previews available on the iPhone.

What we’re hearing from Apple about the iPad indicates similar functionality limitations as the iPhone. We are actively considering a number of potential implementations to improve the book preview experience on various devices and we expect to have additional information about compatibility when the iPad is made available later this year.

Hope that helps. Thanks for the inquiry.

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Feb 2, 2010 6:02pm PDT
kathybad

That’s great, Kathy – glad to hear you’re onto it! It will make it a fantastic business tool for me if I can display books & photos while on the move.

All best wishes,

Sarah

Posted by
SarahGraham
Feb 9, 2010 10:45am PDT
SarahGraham

Hello all!

As I write this, I’m previewing my own book on an iPad! I’m seeing all the pages and everything! The iPad does support HTML5, and Javascript, so this is what I gather I’m seeing. But, this IS working!

If you want to see my book, search for “Path Of The Gaijin”. =)

Sincerely,
Brian.

Posted by
bkjphilly
Apr 17, 2010 7:58pm PDT
bkjphilly