Web Features

Questions about the about selling books within the fund raising program

Hello!
My book came out really well. My customers are asking me for more copies, but I have a concerned. My customer and I agreed on sell this book for fund raising, but I don’t understand the proceedings regarding the selling.

BOOK, FIRST EDITION (THE PUBLISHING FOR THIS EDITION IS NOT FOR FUND RAISING PURPOSES)
1.- If the book have three authors, how does the cost is dividing when we generate a check through the different copies we may sell through blurb?
2.- If I make public the announcement of my book and I set a cost, and this first edition is not  for the fund raising purposes, but then I make several changes in the book and the second edition is meant to  be sold for the fund raising, Doesn’t this fact have a conflict by doing two different public announcements with different costs?

BOOK SECOND EDITION (tHE PUBLISHING OF THIS BOOK IS FOR FUND RAISING PURPOSES)
3.- Regarding the edition for the fund raising, when we set the cost, How do you channel the earnings towards the organization?
4.- Do you deposit the earnings of the book or do you generate a check to the name of the organization?
5.- How long it takes for the organization to receive the money?
6.- How does it work if only a percentage of the total cost goes to the organization? How do you divide the checks (or payments)?
7.- If I buy to blurb 500 books and then I need to sell them outside of blurb, I am allowed to do that?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to hear from your feedback

Liliana Chavira

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
lchavira
Oct 17, 2007 10:38pm PDT
lchavira

Liliana,

Wow. Great questions. I think you’ll find answers to most of your questions in the Set Your Price section of our FAQs. 

In regards to splitting up costs, we cut one check, so it’s up to you how you divide it. Also, you can most definitely order 500 books and sell them on your own via your own Web site, blog, or any other way. And don’t forget you’ll get a discount on those books.

Hope this helps.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Oct 18, 2007 10:44am PDT
kathybad