Web Features

More options for softcover cover weights

I ordered my first softcover and found the cover to be flimsy and not at all "bookstore" quality as advertised by blurb.  Since this is someone’s first impression, I strongly suggest blurb increase the weight of the cover stock.  I just ordered a Kodak book and the cover card stock was twice as heavy.  I realize that you can pay extra $4 for premium paper, but in my opinion all that’s needed is a premium cover and paying an extra $4 for cover and pages eats up all the profit on the book.  Nor, do I want all the other books…imagewrap , hardcoverer.. to be premium, just the softcover which appears cheap looking.  Would it be possible for blurb to either upgrade the softcover cover only and build it into their price to make a better impression (bookstore quality) and help us sell more books or offer premium on the softcover cover only (not all the pages) for a smaller cost to us.  I would appreciate hearing their thoughts, since I am targeting book sales in the 100’s, but reluctant to move forward based on this issue.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
pbattjes
Nov 13, 2010 10:28pm PDT
pbattjes

Having expressed concerns about the options for soft cover, I must add that today I received a hardcover copy of my book and I am really pleased—it looks great and "bookstore" quality!

Posted by
pbattjes
Nov 19, 2010 4:07pm PDT
pbattjes