Web Features

How long can a book preview stay active? Plus success story

We are home builders and general contractors.  I make books of completed projects to show prospective clients. I tried Blurb for the first time a couple days ago.  I posted my book on my FB page which has very private settings— just my friends—under 100.  Asked my friends to critique the books before I printed.  One of my FB friends (who I never met) invited us in from Blurb’s  link to bid on a $150K addition to his house.  He didn’t even know that construction was our business.  Wow, what a successful marketing tool.

My question is how long can I access this link?  Is there a special process to keep it active?  I created the books in bookify.  Can I save a copy to my computer files?  We have some serious family illnesses so I don’t have time to search this out.  Thanks for your input. 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
claraclownie
Jan 28, 2011 4:49am PDT
claraclownie

Some of mine have gone over a year without purchase and not been deleted. I would think there is a time limit though. 

Posted by
dmkilbride
May 7, 2011 5:27am PDT
dmkilbride

The "official" time limit is 12 months (have a read of this FAQ). But I have a few books where the last sale was 1998 that are still in the bookstore.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
May 7, 2011 12:23pm PDT
tfrankland

I have books from when BlurbNation was first created over 6 years ago.. they are still available for sale.  I would be deeply disappointed if Blurb decided to remove books from the Bookstore just because they have not been purchased … I have clients who do go back and order add’l books years later and while rare – is a nice option.

Posted by
Jingothecat
May 27, 2011 5:50am PDT
Jingothecat