Web Features

Profits pleaseeee answer the question!!!!

Does anyone could answer this question? I have written this three times and I’ve been referred to the Frequent setting ask questions. I’ve read it  but I don’t understand what happens if blurb discount because of the volume sold. What happens to the profit I supposed I set up in the price. Is it still respected eventhough you make a discounto to the person who buys a copy? I ill appreciate if someone answered this question to me.  

I have a question regarding setting a price. If I set a price at 60 dolars, the cost of operation and material is a total of 47. I’m trying to have a margin of 15 dollars approximately  of profit. But What happen if someone order more than 20 pieces and you offer the book cheaper? What happen with the margin of profit? Is it respected or Do you absorbed the difference? (By difference I mean when you charge $40[this is sthe cost of the size of my book]  for the cost of operation + the $five dollar for a single copy when in a volume less than 10? How does it work because it is not clear for me? I’ve read the FQ guide in orange, but this is still not clear for me. Could you give a more detailed feedback about this?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
lchavira
Oct 28, 2007 3:50pm PDT
lchavira

Have you tried this venue by conducting search query on the topic? More likely that you will discover some similar topic discussion on the forums from time to time.

Hope that helps, no?

Posted by
brianbonitz
Oct 28, 2007 7:18pm PDT
brianbonitz

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly, the question is whether you you get the difference between your Set Your Price price and the Volume Discount if someone orders more than 10 copies of your book. Discounts are given on 10 or more books, of the same title, to the bookmaker only. People who want 10 or more books of a book they didn’t make, do not get the discount. So, if this is the question, then you still get 100% of the markup of your book.

Hope this helps.

– Kathy 

Posted by
kathybad
Oct 29, 2007 10:25am PDT
kathybad