Web Features

Pricing Off??? Please help!!

I’ve just created my first 40 page book for a school project. According to the pricing lists, hardback 40 page books are supposed to be 22.95 and softcover books are 12.95. Now that my book has been uploaded in My Books, the add-to-cart price is 29.95 for hardback and 16.95 for softcover! What??? I’ve collected checks for this project already and this price difference will be a HUGE problem. How can the pricing section list one price and then when you go to buy it, another?

Like I said, this is my first Blurb project and I am already frustrated and confused. This does not even factor in the six times my computer froze or crashed while working on it.

Please help with this pricing issue ASAP!!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Dar_Hosta
Oct 28, 2007 9:22pm PDT
Dar_Hosta

Hello Dar_Hosta;

Are you comparing like-with-like?

The $22.95 price is for a 7×7, up to 40 pages…

The $29.95 price is for a 10×8, up to 40 pages…

What is your book-size?

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Oct 29, 2007 1:25am PDT
lkb-28

Also; bear in mind that those prices do NOT include shipping!

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Oct 29, 2007 2:32am PDT
lkb-28

7×7 with 40 pages… But, I see the problem… it is that nasty little Blurb logo on the back page.

Posted by
Dar_Hosta
Oct 29, 2007 4:14am PDT
Dar_Hosta

I hated the logo too but ended up not wanting to pay to remove it.  I made a hard cover book and it was actually  not horrible on the actual book.  Its pretty small and on an inside back page in the hardcover book…

Posted by
ksalzillo
Oct 29, 2007 8:36am PDT
ksalzillo

This is really quite easy to order a copy of your own book at Blurb’s  wholesle price (such as $12.95 for a 40-page 7"x7" book).  Go to "My Books" and then double click the cover icon – you will see the wholesale price and the "Add toCart" button. Click that and you will be purchasing you own book at the $12.95 price. (Plus shipping – which everyone pays)

If you have made your book public, and go to it on the Bookstore, you will have to buy it at the retail price you set. 

Posted by
Paticle
Jan 4, 2008 1:49pm PDT
Paticle