Ordering and Shipping

if i need to order multiple books

Should I play it risky and order all 3 at once, or order 1, then order the other 2?

I want to make sure I have them by christmas…

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jamayor33
Nov 20, 2007 8:34am PDT
jamayor33

That’s funny. I was asking myself the same question. I decided to order 1, but that was the evening of the 18th. The longer you ponder this, the less chance you can order 1.

If things don’t work out timing-wise, I’ll wrap the same one twice, or put 2 names on the card, and explain myself afterwards.

HTH,

Thor 

Posted by
thor4fun
Nov 20, 2007 2:44pm PDT
thor4fun

jamayor63,

You didn’t provide any information about your ordering experience (first time?) or if you are located in continental US (I’m in upstate NY). So I can’t decide for you but I can share some of my experience. I’ve placed 11 orders since early Sept. All of the books were 8×10 hardcover under 100 pages. So less chance for printing quality issue or binding issue. From placement to receiving my order it averaged 13 days (including weekends). The fastest order was11 days and the longest 20 days. If you use my average numbers you seem safe ordering one book first even allowing an extra day for Thanksgiving. But to be honest I would order all 3 now. The difference is that having placed so many orders (6 different titles) I’m pretty confident I didn’t screw up the book. If there is a printing problem (binding, folderd pages, etc) Blurb will make good on the books. But Thor makes a good point if you only order one do it now. 

Posted by
lcarreira
Nov 20, 2007 4:02pm PDT
lcarreira

sorry…the book is 180 pages., 8×10 hardcover.

my experiences the past two times have been great, quick shipping, etc. I did have an issue on the first book, but it was something that happened at the printer, and a second one was at my house w/in 4 days of my notice to blurb.

...I live in Phx, AZ…

what to do…what to do…LOL

Posted by
jamayor33
Nov 20, 2007 4:22pm PDT
jamayor33

My recommendation is to place a single order for all three at your earliest opportunity.

Be sure to review our Holiday Cut-offs for questions around holiday delivery.

Posted by
norcaljhawk
Nov 21, 2007 11:14am PDT
norcaljhawk