Ordering and Shipping

Ridiculous shipping cost?

Hi,

I have seen posts similar to my own, however I believe I should voice my disappointment separately.

I constructed a book with blurb, the notebook, thinking it’s a fantastic idea; a nice, compact flick book, which would be fantastic as a mini portfolio.

I got all the way to the end when I discovered that my £2.95 pocket book would cost a ridiculous £5 to post. So I went to elsewhere, where it’s £1 to post.

Why is this shipping charge so high? It’s an insane amount to ask to get something from A to B. Unless you’re packaging it in gold plated containers.

Anyway, as long as this price remains, I’m afraid I wont be buying any books from Blurb. Which is a shame; you guys do a great job with the quality and designs available.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
Tippeh
Feb 28, 2012 7:15am PDT
Tippeh

I totally agree, their shipping is outrageously high. Blurb needs to understand that no one will want to purchase ONE little book that costs them $16.00 plus tax and $7.95 to ship. My local post office only charged a little over a $1.00 send.  Blurb was easy to work with but this is too much.

Posted by
gmacary
Apr 16, 2012 5:56pm PDT
gmacary

Totally, I was about to my my first purchase but then I saw the shipping costs.

Only two choices, 8 Pounds for a16 day delivery, or 20 pounds for a 10 day delivery for a couple tiny books.

I’ve never seen such obvious price gouging over shipping before it’s disgusting. Especially when every other retailer either does free or a couple pounds delivery, even next day courier delivery is much cheaper.

If it had been a more reasonable 5 pounds atleast I would have ordered but not at these ridiculous shipping prices.

Posted by
Emophia
Aug 5, 2012 11:18am PDT
Emophia

I agree. It seems to be a bait-and-switch operation. They entice you in with very low prices. Then make the money they want to make by calling it a shipping fee.

They made a good quality book for me, and the total cost (cost + shipping) was acceptable. But the dishonesty really really leaves a bad taste.

Posted by
jschless
Aug 9, 2012 11:05pm PDT
jschless

They just nailed me for $46 to ship 25 little books. Where else can we go to make a book without being gouged? Jack

Posted by
jackbahm
Aug 16, 2012 9:46am PDT
jackbahm

They just nailed me for $46 to ship 25 little books. Where else can we go to make a book without being gouged? Jack

Posted by
jackbahm
Aug 16, 2012 9:47am PDT
jackbahm