Ordering and Shipping

Page Visits - Metrics

I see that many others have asked this question so I will share what response was received from The HELP desk at Blurb.

Weekly Visits metric – just what does it measure?

Response from a BLURB Customer Support Representative

The Weekly Page Visits is any time someone views any of your books.

These are counted any time someone views one of your books, or views that specific web page.

If someone views your book 4 times within one hour it will count as 4 views.

All visits in the Metrics do include any time you visit these pages.

Just as Stephen King can’t walk into a bookstore and obtain a list of everyone who bought his latest bestseller, Blurb authors cannot track who has purchased their masterpieces. There are privacy laws which prevent us from releasing that information. There’s also no way to see who viewed your book, or which books specifically have been viewed.

Some authors, however, choose to include contact information (email addresses, web sites, blog URLs, etc) in their books, or in their profile on blurb.com. That way, readers can contact the author, visit their web site, sign up for author email updates, etc.

I hope that helps.
Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
polykid
Mar 17, 2012 1:15pm PDT
polykid

I’ve often wondered how this works. Thanks for sharing.

One thing I’d be interested in knowing is whether a fleeting glance at the main info page counts as a viewing, or does it only count people who have clicked on "preview book"? And of course we’ll never know whether people previewed one or two pages or spent an hour going through the lot. Never mind, the feedback we do get is valuable and I’m grateful.

You say "There’s also no way to see … which books specifically have been viewed." I think you can, if you delve a little deeper into the menus.

Posted by
Maharg
Mar 18, 2012 9:25pm PDT
Maharg