Ordering and Shipping

Hidden pricing

It’s been a while since I logged in to Blurb. Why is the pricing now hidden?  I would like to cost a book but looking on the "book pricing" page all I see is the base price (20 pages) and a load of useless (to me) information on paper types.

I would like to know what the price is for a book in a given format of N pages. I used to be able to see that.

I also heard that Blurb now charges per page. Is that true? If so, how come it isn’t stated on the "book pricing" page.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
cbnewham
Mar 16, 2013 12:12pm PDT
cbnewham

I’m bumping this… I just ordered a couple of books a few weeks ago and now I have no idea how to charge my client for this because I can’t find prices anywhere… blurb?  Are you there?

Posted by
Jill393
Mar 17, 2013 9:43pm PDT
Jill393

If you look a few rows below the (20 page) price you’ll see the price for each additional page. Blurb changed the previous pricing approach where books were priced by page range, e.g. 20-40 pages, then 40-60 pages, etc to a base price then a price for each additiona page. I got an e-mail last week announcing this.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 18, 2013 3:17am PDT
tfrankland

Thanks Tony – glad to see you are still the font of all Blurb knowledge.

Yes – it’s obvious now. I guess I was used to seeing the table of prices for page ranges and I my eyes never registered the new per-page pricing.

Posted by
cbnewham
Mar 18, 2013 7:00am PDT
cbnewham

I had to look twice!

I still haven’t had the time to work out whether some of my planned books would work out more expensive or cheape, with the old pricing no longer available that is proving difficult.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Mar 18, 2013 1:52pm PDT
tfrankland

Yes, I saw the new per page pricing, but my problem was I couldn’t compare with the old pricing and I didn’t want to suddenly charge my clients with new prices.  Luckily I think the pricing ended up about the same… I guess it would have been nice to have the old pricing to compare (but then we might figure out they are making more money at Blurb!)… thanks for looking out for us Tony. 

Posted by
Jill393
Apr 1, 2013 10:49am PDT
Jill393