Ordering and Shipping

How do I know how many copies of my book have been ordered?

Living outside of the USA I don’t have an option to set my own  book price.

This seems to mean that I have no way of knowing how many orders for my books (other than my own) have been placed. 

I am aware of at least two orders being placed (people have sent me emails to let me know) – it would be useful if Blurb could let me know of this.

When can this functionality be added, OR – can I make a manual request for this information to someone?

Thanks

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
tiagd
Dec 1, 2007 10:18am PDT
tiagd

Don’t hold your breath. If you live outside of the USA, all you are is an indentured slave to blurb.com

You produce a book, and they sell it, and make profit – and they don’t tell you how many they sold, and they don’t pay you anything for it.  

I am considering withdrawing my book from sale until they can give international customers some better respect. They talk about considering doing something "early in 2008" but that’s not any promise to do anything. In early 2008, I will be considering flying to the moon on gossamer wings. 

EXO 

Posted by
EXO
Dec 15, 2007 9:06am PDT
EXO

same here, I keep gettig emails that people have ordered my book but I have no way whatsoever to know HOW MANY copies have been sold. friends (more than me:) want me to make a profit  on my book but this is not possible living outside the US

Such a shame! I’d like to know – at least – how many copies have been sold

Please please please focus on this service – think I might withdraw the book from sales until this feature is offered outside the US

Posted by
naftalina007
Dec 17, 2007 2:44am PDT
naftalina007

I read that Blurb will come to holland, hope Bush will not come with

Posted by
haystack
Dec 28, 2007 12:41pm PDT
haystack

lets get this started soon for all international publishers please

Posted by
nolando
Jan 11, 2008 3:13pm PDT
nolando

Well, ok, that’s me withdrawing all three of the books I just published.

I must have, at the very least, information on how many items are sold.

These are all non-profit books but I’m working on one for charity. From here in Holland there’s no point using Blurb then? Thanks for making that clear guys, I wish I’d never bothered!

Over to your competitors then. Why is the US so egocentric?? 

Posted by
MartyHirst
Feb 2, 2008 1:08am PDT
MartyHirst