Ordering and Shipping

What I uploaded doesn't look like what I designed!

I spent hours designing the book, and then when I uploaded it, the font color was all messed up, with half the letters in the title in the wrong color, and the internal font black instead of white.  I can’t fix it and I’m upset because now I have to start over and do this book at another company.  Any suggestions?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
rachelisabel
Dec 14, 2007 11:02am PDT
rachelisabel

Why can’t you fix it and re-upload it?

Posted by
mforbes321
Dec 14, 2007 11:26am PDT
mforbes321

Well, the thing is, on my computer it doesn’t need fixing.  It looks great in Booksmart on my computer, but after uploading it it looks all messed up.  I tried deleting it twice and re-uploading it, and it still looks wrong.  They emailed me saying that it "should look allright", but that didn’t make me feel much better.

Posted by
rachelisabel
Dec 15, 2007 7:07pm PDT
rachelisabel

They did that to me too.  I uploaded a book that I thought had a pink background.  The next day I looked at it on the website book preview from work and it was gray.   Unfortunately I had already ordered the book.  At home it still looked pink even on their website.  Turned out I need to color calibrate my monitor.

The way I fixed it was to backup a copy of my book and upload it to another computer that we have here in the house.  I knew it would work because the book looked gray on that computer even though it looked pink on mine.  I was then able to make the book look like I wanted and then uploaded it again to blurb.

It doesn’t sound like you have the same problem though since you can see the weird colors on the same computer that you see the colors you actually wanted.  

Good luck! 

Posted by
mforbes321
Dec 15, 2007 10:51pm PDT
mforbes321

The title on my book disappeared completely.  The really strange thing though, is that it disappeared AFTER I had placed the order.  It was there through the entire order process and then when I previewed the book a few days later…. no title!  What the heck?  The only answer I have gotten from Blurb so far is "it’s a learning curve, so order another book and see if it’s better."  No thank you!

Posted by
joesgirljeri
Dec 18, 2007 6:59pm PDT
joesgirljeri