Ordering and Shipping

Who Bought My Book?

Am I missing something, or is customer info kept private. I’d like to know who ordered my book so I can follow up with an email. Thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
geckonia
Dec 21, 2007 1:14am PDT
geckonia

Apparently not, and I agree this is a vital piece of information that should be made available to the publisher (us).

Posted by
glenlan
Jan 9, 2008 12:27pm PDT
glenlan

I, too, would like to know who is ordering my book.  I cannot find any way to do this.   This kind of information is valuable to a book publisher.

Posted by
sherryes
Jan 9, 2008 8:32pm PDT
sherryes

me too please – could we not be told at least the basic demographics?

Posted by
nolando
Jan 11, 2008 3:10pm PDT
nolando

Sorry, but the possibility that anyone might be notified of which books I order would keep me from buying.  Privacy concerns should be all that’s necessary to stop such notification from ever happening.

Posted by
dagree
Jan 11, 2008 6:44pm PDT
dagree

As a photographer, I too would love to know who was buying my book….however, Barnes and Noble does not send a detailed list of every individual who buys a book in the store to the publisher and author. While I would love to be able to personally acknowldge the people who enjoy my work, I understand why this info would not be available to us. That said, I do wonder why it could not be made an option to the buyer at the time of purchase as to whether or not they would like contact info shared with the author….given the e-commerce platform, this should not be difficult to accomplish.

Posted by
skasper
Jan 14, 2008 7:20am PDT
skasper