Ordering and Shipping

Very pleased! Fast turntime and shipping.

After obsessively reading these forums, I somehow decided to go ahead and place an order with Blurb. I submitted my order for a single 8×10 hardcover book on Jan. 2, and received my book today, Jan. 11! I’m extremely pleased and astounded with the quality of the book.

To address some of the concerns/complaints I read about in these forums, I’ll note that, no, it’s not perfect:

<pre><code>- Text: a few of the pages have text that is not as crisp and clear as in the rest of the book. This happened on a few of the black pages with white text, and on those pages, the text closest to the gutter is lighter than it is on the outside of the page. For my purposes, this is perfectly acceptable, although I can see how this might constitute a major flaw to others.</code></pre> <pre><code>- Photos: a few of my photos came out slightly darker, but overall, the photos reproduced nicely. I was expecting much worse!</code></pre>

- Paper quality and binding: good quality paper, and the binding looks strong (but I’ve only gone through the book once – I guess time will tell!)

<pre><code>- There is no annoying bar code anywhere on my book, which makes me happy!</code></pre> <pre><code>- Background color: some of the pages didn't quite match what I was expecting based on what I saw in the preview. The problems came mainly with the brighter colors, and my monitor has never been calibrated, so that probably accounts for the discrepancy. Luckily, I don't have any streaking or banding that some have encountered.</code></pre> <pre><code>- After placing my order on Jan. 2, the order page stated that my book would probably be shipped on Jan. 10. Lo and behold, I got UPS shipping info on the 10th, and received the final book today, the 11th.</code></pre>

I’m still in disbelief that I got a high quality book so quickly for such a low price. I will definitely order again! Thank you, Blurb!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
karynjo
Jan 11, 2008 8:19pm PDT
karynjo

My book and Blurb service was excellent too.

Posted by
RickKC
Jan 16, 2008 5:40pm PDT
RickKC

Hi all,

I am a first time buyer from Sydney Australia and ordred my book on the 14th Jan. I received it on the 24th Jan! Exactly 10 days and in perfect condition. Very happy with the result. Only used Swiis Post option as well.

Posted by
marian4757
Jan 24, 2008 5:16pm PDT
marian4757