Ordering and Shipping

I want to have book shipped as a gift directly.

Does anyone know if there is a way to include a message with the packing slip when sending a book.  I want to sendone as a suprise gift across country and would rather have it sent directly to her so I don’t have to pay shipping twice but woul like her to know who it’s from and why.  Is there a way to do this?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jzeena
Jan 14, 2008 2:54pm PDT
jzeena

At this time we are unable to support this type of gifting option. We have heard this request before and it is currently under consideration.

Posted by
norcaljhawk
Jan 14, 2008 4:38pm PDT
norcaljhawk

jzeena,

How about adding a  page to the book with your message and upload it as a different book. Then, have it sent direct.

Not much extra work and she’ll get a unique copy. Imagine how surprised she’ll be by that.

Posted by
dagree
Jan 14, 2008 6:47pm PDT
dagree

Thanks, dagree.  I’d considered that.  I was hoping not to have to do that as I will have to redo all the page numbers in the table of contents but it’s looking like my best option. 

Posted by
jzeena
Jan 16, 2008 8:42pm PDT
jzeena

I agree that having the ability send a message with the packing slip would be really helpful. I have a number of people who want to buy a copy of my book and have it shipped directly to their family members and friends. At this point the book arrives and the family and friends have no way of knowing who sent it to them.

If Blurb could add an option in the checkout process that allowed a short note to be added to the shipping label or slip that would be fantastic. 

Posted by
shunter
Jan 30, 2008 7:57am PDT
shunter

I totally agree that option would be extremely helpful. Also, the ability to hide the cost as well!

Posted by
firepulse
Jul 10, 2009 9:16am PDT
firepulse

Does the book ship with an invoice showing the amount paid? I’d rather it just show a bill of lading. Is there a way to NOT include a receipt with the book?

Posted by
sources
Aug 8, 2009 5:12pm PDT
sources

Don’t worry, they do not include a receipt, your receipt (they call it an order conformation) is delivered to you by e-mail.

…..Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 8, 2009 11:55pm PDT
tfrankland

I agree – we should be able to add in a gift message.. perfect for the holiday season. I’m checking to see if photobook canada, shutterfly or iphoto does it

Posted by
vegas_baby99
Nov 7, 2012 11:38am PDT
vegas_baby99