Ordering and Shipping

Sales Statistics for Non-US Publishers Please

Blurb, please add the ability for me to see how many copies of each of my books have been sold.

Because I live outside the US I am unable to participate in your Set the Price option, and so have (reluctantly) decided to allow my books to be sold at cost, just for the exposure.

Now I find that I cannot even get statistics on the number of books sold.  I cannot understand your reasoning for this.  I am making you money and getting nothing in return, not even statistics.  This has got to be an easy fix, please do this as soon as possible.

Also please expand the hit counter to differentiate by book.

Glen

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
glenlan
Jan 22, 2008 4:12pm PDT
glenlan

Glen,

Maybe if you make this demand 6 more times in one day, they’ll get on it for you. Bombing the forums with, essentially, the same demanding post seems unlikely to get you much.  I know it pisses me off to have to wade through the same rant over and over.  You made your point the first time.

David 

Posted by
dagree
Jan 22, 2008 6:20pm PDT
dagree

David,

You may be right, and my frustration is obviously showing through here.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to use the SYP progrram when i published, but what utterly surprized and shocked that i couldn’t even get my statistics.  When I found the threads in the forums stretching back to early last year with nothing haveing been done, I felt utterly used.  We make all the money for Blurb, and we can’t get paid and now don’t even get stats! 

Since I (belatedly) found so many different threads on the subject I thought I would prod them all along a bit. I apologize for the multiple rant, but nobody seems to be listening on any of the threads.

Glen 

Posted by
glenlan
Jan 22, 2008 8:53pm PDT
glenlan

Glen,

I am hoping to get my prints published too through the option of Blurb. But it just seems after listening to you and the other people in the forums, shall i go ahead or not. Because I know i will be not getting any thing on my end except the exposure and still not knowing how many have been sold.

It is definitely not a best way to do business. Atleast the writer has the right to ask for the number of prints which have been sold. Now this makes me feel more in doubts about shall I print it through the Blurb or let I just find another alternative.

Mani. 

Posted by
FreeBirD
Jan 23, 2008 11:02pm PDT
FreeBirD

I’ve the same questions, please give us a answer!

Posted by
zolac
Feb 1, 2008 8:19am PDT
zolac

It’s a valid question! I would like to know my stats too

Posted by
iscream
Feb 2, 2008 3:27am PDT
iscream

Me too, the silence from Blurb on this subject is deafening!

Get on it guys!   

Posted by
MartyHirst
Feb 2, 2008 2:43pm PDT
MartyHirst