Ordering and Shipping

UPS Shipping cost and delivery times; Why no USPS option?

I like Blurb – I think the product is great.  But for me the process breaksdown when it comes to shipping – costs and travel times.

The UPS options are expensive (per book) and the ground service is unbelievably slow.  My last book took two days to get from one UPS distribution site in the midwest to Indianapolis (it spent 18 hours in a distribution warehouse outside of Chicago alone).  When you add the cost of the UPS shipping to the basic cover price, its makes the Blurb product too expensive to get people at reasonable price point where they are more likely to buy from our Museum Shop.

Why is there no option to ship via USPS Priority Mail?  You get 2-3 delivery and they deliver on <acronym title="!">SATURDAY</acronym> something UPS doesn’t normally due (unless you pay another extra fee) .

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
marionbook
May 7, 2008 5:58am PDT
marionbook

I agree.  For $4.80 you can put at least 4 of the 7"x7" books in a USPS Priority Mail envelope.   Much cheaper and faster than the current UPS method.  I would order more books if the shipping costs weren’t so high.

Posted by
Nanellie
Jun 21, 2008 11:57am PDT
Nanellie

I use USPS priority flat rate boxes all the time ….. 10 bucks, anywhere in the us 2 days or so.  Fair enough, I’m in the middle, but still, even from the West Coast, it beats the pants of UPS …. 

Dave 

Posted by
djonesii
Jul 19, 2008 5:01pm PDT
djonesii

I agree completely.  I’ve already had people complain to me about the price of shipping costs and ask me why their wasn’t a USPS option.  Blurb really needs to add this for US residents.  Paying over 8 dollars to ship a book is outrageous. 

Posted by
StacyLee
Aug 23, 2008 8:15am PDT
StacyLee