Ordering and Shipping

VAT reciept

Please can someone tell me where and how  print off A VAT reciept. I did email blurb they told me but I couldn’t do it

many thanks JO 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
joingle
Jun 1, 2008 2:15pm PDT
joingle

In the US (where Blurb is based) they do not have VAT, so I can understand their probem in providing you with a receipt.

Which country are you from? Are you sure that you paid VAT?

Although books for Europe are printed in The Netherlands you may not have been charged VAT. In the UK, for instance, books are rated at zero% VAT.

If your country charges VAT on books imported from The Netherlands that will have been charged at the point of import and the shipping company will have charged you, along with any import duty if you are outside the EU, they should give you a VAT receipt.

.....Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Jun 1, 2008 2:28pm PDT
tfrankland

I have the same problem, I just ordered a book and have been chrged the VAT (6% to Italy).

Since I run a business and have a VAT number, this must appear on the invoice but I found no place where I can input it.

Sergio

Posted by
realguru
Jul 11, 2008 11:12am PDT
realguru

I am a bit confused about VAT/Duty charges. I am in Cyprus (EU Member). If I order books from Blurb will I be charged a duty fee? They say that Duty is charged for anything over $50 value. But we ordered books from amazon…no duty charges, a 1000 EURO projector…no duty, a camera from the states $400 DUTY CHARGE. Can anyone shed some light on what to expect?

Lisa 

Posted by
lmsolonynko
Aug 22, 2008 12:16am PDT
lmsolonynko

Hello Lisa;

VAT and Duty are two different things…

Any VAT charge will depend on what rate of VAT Cyprus applies to books. I can tell you that NO VAT is charged ex Holland where the books are printed, but Cyprus customs "may" add VAT IF it’s a chargeable entry…

As for Duty – there should be NO duty charged on good shipped across EU borders; all are considered as "duty paid"...

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Aug 22, 2008 1:46am PDT
lkb-28

I also run a business, like Sergio. I’m very disappointed at Blurb because they don’t provide any information about VAT receipts. So I guess I’ll just go to a different provider and order a few hundred books. Blurb, you are a bit short-sighted….

Jorge

Posted by
jorgesanchez
Jan 14, 2009 10:37am PDT
jorgesanchez

JO asked for a reciept, VAT or no VAT charged, does no one know how to do this?  I need one too. I just have the email confirmation but that has no supplier address and it’s no good.

This seems crazy. I too have a business and need to account for the £540.00 I’ve spent on company books!

John

Posted by
gooeman
Jan 27, 2009 7:57am PDT
gooeman

Hi,

I just answered gooeman’s other post here. Basically, we hope to have an update around VAT in the coming weeks. So, as alway, thanks for your patience as we improve our systems. 

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Jan 27, 2009 10:33am PDT
kathybad

Hi Kathy

I understand the issues, international VAT is complex, especially when people like me, registered in one member state, are able to have VAT deducted when opurchasing from other member states. Nightmare. I coudl deal with all this happily if I just got a receipt of some description to state that I had spent the money, just to keep my accountant happy. As it is I’ve had to print out the order forms, which are not so convincing as you can cancel an order. So it’s not the best solution. 

While you are working on the VAT thing, it might be nice jst ot have some form of receipt customers can print off, for their records.

Kind regards

John

PS For Jorge to go to another supplier just because of this issue is ludicrous in the extreme. It’s such a good product, most of us will hang on in the hoep you sort the issue out. J
Posted by
gooeman
Jan 29, 2009 5:45am PDT
gooeman

Like everybody else, I run a business and I need a receipt too.

Talking about VAT (IVA in Portugal)... VAT can not be charged for items transactioned on an intracomunitary basis, because VAT values are different from country to country.

Therefore you fill your VAT FORM saying that some outside entity charged you for so much (must be VAT exclusive). The VAT guys from you country don’t have to refund you, but in turns you charge your clients with VAT that have to be refund the VAT guys. (Some thing like that…)

So, if in Europe, books are printed in the Netherlands,it is easy for them to provide a receipt with an amount (without VAT) and a VAT number from the company that provided the service.

Posted by
telmorrf
Feb 6, 2009 4:48am PDT
telmorrf

Exactly, should not be that difficult.
At least put an address on the bill.

Posted by
firewire7
Feb 8, 2009 12:23am PDT
firewire7