Ordering and Shipping

I don't have a credit card, how can I order my book?

I am a few days away from being done with making my book, and decided to check on what Blurb accepts as payment. turns out I can only pay with a credit card? I don’t have one, so how can I order now? I have a paypal account, but that’s not accepted. I could send a money order, but that’s not accepted ether.
Any reason why I can’t pay with these options?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
JediJedd
Jun 6, 2008 8:53pm PDT
JediJedd

Hi JediJedd;

This is not meant to be facetious… Will a friend help you out?

As for other options, I believe Blurb are reviewing adding PayPal at some stage, but don’t hold your breath…

Cheers;

Lee

Posted by
lkb-28
Jun 7, 2008 9:00am PDT
lkb-28

Hi Lee,
lol, yeah, I am wondering if that might be an option.
I do hope that blurb gets paypal going, it’s just as good as a credit card.

Thanks!
Jedd

Posted by
JediJedd
Jun 8, 2008 10:23am PDT
JediJedd

I emailed Blurb when I first published by book about the option of PayPal and got a vague sort of ‘we’re thinking about it so maybe perhaps sometime in the future but who knows’ kind of response.

The lack of PayPal option and minimal card acceptance is driving me nuts.  I have a Maestro card (bloody Royal Bank of Scotland using europe-only cards), which Blurb does not accept, so I have to get a friend to order my books for me.

This would be alright if it was a one-off, but because I also sell signed copies of my books (people order from me, I get the books, sign them and send them on) and have to keep my business accounts in order, it’s not ideal having to get someone else to place the order for me.

Come on Blurb, get PayPal on the go, PLEASE!

Posted by
RSVphoto
Jul 29, 2008 8:31am PDT
RSVphoto

Hi guys, new Blurbette here. My best friend and I are doing *special* photo books for our husbands for their birthday/anniversary presents. My concern is that since these are SUPRISE presents and we have to pay via credit card, how does the transaction show up on the credit card statement? I’m going to be upset if this whole suprise is ruined by a transaction description that he gets nosey about. And my husband is a cop and therefore nosey by nature. Any help would be appreciated! I suppose I can get my mom to do the transaction and I can pay her back if necessary, but what a pain.

Posted by
luellajean
Aug 25, 2008 8:06pm PDT
luellajean

It shows in your statement as…....

BLURB INC. WWW.BLURB.C BERKSHIRE GBR

..........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 26, 2008 12:24am PDT
tfrankland

p.s.

that was for a UK order, I would suspect a US order to be similar—should have looked to see where you lived before I answered :-(

........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Aug 26, 2008 12:28am PDT
tfrankland

Mine says:
BLURB INC. SANFRANCISCOCA
(using Am Ex in the US)

Posted by
CasaDeWoof
Aug 26, 2008 6:39am PDT
CasaDeWoof

Thanks guys, for the timely and informative response! I think if he questions it I’ll tell him it was a wedding book for my best friend or something.

Posted by
luellajean
Aug 26, 2008 7:18pm PDT
luellajean