Ordering and Shipping

uploading problem

I keep getting this error message every time I try to order my book:

"Hmmm, we’re having a problem uploading your book."

My password and log-in are correct, and my Internet is working fine. Does any one know what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
nicole17
Sep 2, 2008 11:12am PDT
nicole17

I’m having a similar problem uploading my book. I keep getting an error that says "an internet connection cannot be established at this time. Please ensure your network connection is active and try again".

We are on broadband and I have no problems with my internet connection. I have tried disabling the firewall, but that doesn’t help either. I have checked the book title, and have ensured there are no spaces or strange characters in it. I have deleted all the pics I didn’t use, and still I can’t upload it.

Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Tina (tina.desuza@gmail.com)

Posted by
tinzaroo
Sep 3, 2008 12:14am PDT
tinzaroo

Nicole and Tina,

have you contacted Blurb Technical Support for help with this?

Go to Search FAQs and you will see a heading of EMAIL SUPPORT on the RHS, under that you will see Technical Suppport. They’ll help you get your book uploaded.

.........Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Sep 3, 2008 1:20am PDT
tfrankland

I am having a simular problem.  Can anyone tell me  how prompt the responses from technical support are.  I have worked so hard on my 80 page book and have a deadline (wedding gift).  i am really dissapointed at this time that this was so difficult at the moment I attempted to place my order.  All help appreciated.

Posted by
Liddie
Oct 7, 2008 6:43pm PDT
Liddie

Well I solved the problem, thanks to Micheal, another Blurber.  If your internet service is by way of cellular service, "Air Card", it won’t handle the job.  Took my laptop to my daughter’s house just to use her wireless signal (which I could have done at any coffee shop) and my book loaded in less than 20min.  Now my book will not be here in time for the wedding even with paying the overnight shipping fees, but it will get here.  If anyone has the capability to do so, please get the word out to someone important that can get this information out to the novice blurb community.  Too little, too late for me. My son’s wedding rehersal dinner will not be the same.  The book will be one day late due to the two days I spent trying to upload with the wrong signal.

Posted by
Liddie
Oct 12, 2008 5:04pm PDT
Liddie