Ordering and Shipping

Where does Blurb print all the books?

Blurb has serveral shipping options, like FedEx, UPS, Swiss Post. And I was wondering, does Blurb using Swiss Post means they print the books in Switzerland?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
miwaza
Nov 17, 2008 11:48pm PDT
miwaza

Miwaza,

books are in printed with a number (I think 3?) partners in the US and they are also printed in The Netherlands for orders for Europe, Asia and Australia.

Swiss Post, besides being the postal service for Switzerland has an International Division for wholesale shipping that has collection and delivery offices around Europe, not just in Switzerland.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Nov 18, 2008 1:57am PDT
tfrankland

Printing in the Netherlands and shipping to South Africa via UPS was a fantastic service in my experience. But be warned, Blurb can suddely, without warning, decide to print your books in the United States and shipping can take a great deal longer to other parts of the world. Swiss Post is no doubt great within Europe but my support goes to UPS elsewhere – despite the high cost

Aylesbury

Posted by
aylesbury
Nov 19, 2008 1:26pm PDT
aylesbury

It would be really good if Blurb would let you choose which printer prints your book.   Blurb, why not this option, I would be wiling to wait longer for my book, if I could get the printer that printed my first book.

Does anyone else want this option?

Posted by
swdalton
Dec 11, 2008 1:01pm PDT
swdalton

swdalton,

I believe it is not possible, since it is done all automated process. If you have some concerns about this issue, perhaps that you want to contact Blurb through email support contact form related to this issue.

Hope that helps.
Brian {a passionate Blurbarian}

Posted by
brianbonitz
Dec 11, 2008 3:44pm PDT
brianbonitz