Ordering and Shipping

Are all books for the UK printer in the Netherlands?

I ordered a a large format book with image wrap and premium paper (3 copies) – it got to completed and a UPS tracking number was issued on 26th November at about 10am.  Since then it has been showing on the UPS site as "Billing Information Received" – which is described as UPS is aware of your shipment but hasn’t yet picked it up.  It’s now evening on 27th November well over the 24 hours its supposed to take for the shipping company to recognise the shipment.  If it were being printed in the US then I would assume it had got snarled up in the Thanksgiving holiday but everything I read implies that European books are printed in the Netherlands.  If has been printed in the Netherlands what could be the delay?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
ashtead
Nov 27, 2008 12:58pm PDT
ashtead

By the way the books were ordered at the Priority rate

Posted by
ashtead
Nov 27, 2008 1:01pm PDT
ashtead

I’ve twice had problems with UPS shipping from The Netherlands to the UK.

No problems with the deliveries just that the tracking information was not being updated. The first time I checked the tracking saw that it was not out for delivery (not even arrived inUK) so decided to go out for the day. Just getting into the car when the UPS van arrived.

......Tony

Posted by
tfrankland
Nov 28, 2008 1:44am PDT
tfrankland

ashtead,

This FAQ should answer your question: What does Billing Information Received mean?

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Nov 28, 2008 11:51am PDT
kathybad