Ordering and Shipping

Why is 5-7 days processing time acceptable?

Blurb has longer processing times every time I use it… it’s getting pretty ridiculous imho….

If you have really so much work can you hire more people and buy more printers? Isn’t this just common sense?

Best regards,

FG

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
gallarotti
Dec 15, 2008 8:29am PDT
gallarotti

I agree the processing time is very long. MyPublisher gets their books out in 2-3 days.

Posted by
glennaa11
Dec 15, 2008 6:10pm PDT
glennaa11

Why is 5-7 days unacceptable?

If you are aware that is the lead time when you order, what is the problem?

Of course we all want shorter lead times, better quality and lower prices, and from my own observation of competing products we can choose any two. ;-)

Cheers,

P

Posted by
bitingmidge
Dec 16, 2008 3:13am PDT
bitingmidge

7 days passed since my upload and it still says "processing"... I can deal with it but at least they could be a little more descriptive with the status, don’t you think? For example the could say "file uploaded and waiting to be processed", "color correcting the file", "printing", "binding",...

Would it be just too hard for them to add a couple more printers and hire more people? Every time I published something with Blurb it 7+ days to get it shipped. Which means that no matter what period of time you send the book in, there is a waiting line… They are obviously doing well as a business, the demand keeps rising, why not increasing the capacity of their production line?

Posted by
gallarotti
Dec 17, 2008 6:09am PDT
gallarotti

I would say that Blurb’s congestion at the moment is a result of the Christmas Rush. It makes no sense to up the production capacity to match the order load that only occurs 2 weeks out of the year.

I’ve designed almost 40 books through Blurb and I’m quite satisfied with their production time.

Posted by
CWN
Dec 17, 2008 6:18am PDT
CWN

"Due to the volume of orders we’re printing for the holidays, we’re experiencing slight production delays of a few days, and wanted to let you know that it has taken longer than expected to process your order(s). We’re working around the clock on getting your order to you as soon as possible and expect your order to deliver on or before Wednesday, December 24."

Thank you Blurb… you should rename yourself Bluff, not Blurb…

Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.

Posted by
gallarotti
Dec 19, 2008 8:10pm PDT
gallarotti

i got the same email.  i ordered on the 9th with next day shipping estimated to be on the 17th.

they did refund my shipping cost though.  can’t go wrong with free shipping and i’ll have my books before xmas.

Posted by
marcstaiger
Dec 21, 2008 2:59pm PDT
marcstaiger

Well, my books probably won’t arrive before Christmas. Yeah, that makes me less than smiling.

Processing time is unacceptable.

Customer service is unacceptable.

They’ve taken an excited customer and made her quite unhappy. And full of stress.

Something needs to be fixed.

Posted by
krisalis004
Dec 23, 2008 11:14am PDT
krisalis004