Ordering and Shipping

No shipping to Indonesia?

Unfortunately, I just found out that Blurb does not ship to Indonesia. I really should have noticed this before I went to the trouble of updating my book for a client there and taking an order for 100 books. 

Now, I have to factor in the shipping costs of sending the books to me, plus the shipping and handling costs of my using a third party vendor to ship them to the client in Indonesia.

I really wanted to (and still do) believe that Blurb was a great solution for my low volume needs, but this shipping issue plus the cost of printing without the Blurb logo, the limited software capabilites and the myriad printing inconsistencies makes me have to seriously re-examine if  blurb is really a good solution for an independent book publisher like myself.  I didn’t want to spend the time and money to produce the manuscript through a traditional print house, but now it appears that that is just what I should have done. 

This is unfortunate (for me) because I think Blurb is a great concept, especially, the ability to update and personalize a book for different clients quickly and easily.  However, those clients cannot be in exotic locations like Indonesia.  I will continue to use Blurb for my few domestic clients and hope that Blurb addresses the needs of its members who ship to the greater global marketplace. 

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
descentline
Dec 27, 2008 12:37pm PDT
descentline

If you want more information where they don’t ship to just go and click on HELP then shipping information – if you cilent lives there you should have searched if they shipped it there.

Posted by
brianna19971
Jan 23, 2009 6:43pm PDT
brianna19971