Ordering and Shipping

disapointed by the packing

Hey guys,

i am wedding photographer.

i just receved my order: 96 pages in  large landscape with Custom logo, b3 process and premium page: 116.43 €.

i’m just disapointed with the packaging,  just a stanbdard box like for Amazon… this book has been sold within a full wedding service, that’s a deliverable !! and you put that just in a fxxxng carton box ?

just kidding, the result is that a corner has been damaged and it’s visible inside.

colors are ok, paper is ok, book himself is ok, the shipping of UPS  has killed my book.

i am really, really tired wiwth this kind of issue.

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
jacquesm
Jan 9, 2009 11:49am PDT
jacquesm

I to am a wedding photographer, am in the exact situation right now. Beautiful 120pg. book, large format landscape, custom logo, premium paper…. ruined during shipping.

I am now waiting for my 2nd reprint, and have a general feeling of anxiety that the next one is going to arrived damaged just as the last 2 have.

In the meantime I wait, and so do my clients. Repeatedly having to put off delivery time because of totally avoidable damage effects my reputation as well as strains my professional relationship with my clients.

I want my clients to have confidence that I work with quality, reputable companies. Covering for Blurb over this issue is really getting old fast.

Posted by
sophiajekic
Jan 13, 2009 11:07am PDT
sophiajekic

Hi

I am NOT a professional photographer, but I got trouble with the shipping too : I’ve ordered 2 books, the first one during september, the second one during march, and both were damaged at the right-top corner of the back cover.

It’s a pity, because the books (120 p, premium paper, solid cover) are great, I was very pleased by the quality of Blurb products. Be careful with shipping !

Posted by
kerdudu
Apr 19, 2009 5:03am PDT
kerdudu

I don’t know what country you are in, or which shipping service was used, but in the U.S. I’ve noticed that UPS has gotten worse and worse with damage.  Not just with Blurb books, but with most anything I order.  For this reason, I have found that going to 2nd day air, or overnight moves it to Fed Ex and the damage stops.

Posted by
deanej
Apr 19, 2009 5:19am PDT
deanej

Hi

I had so many books damaged in delivery that I am getting to a point of not using Blurb books any longer.  Otherwise I am very happy with their printing and service overall, but packaging used for delivery is unadequate.  It might be ok for smaller books, but for large format books with image wrap and 160 page is definitely not good enough.  Last order has been reprinted twice and damaged on both occasions on corners and sides.  Just received another book from different order this morning and guess what – another perfectly made book ruined by delivery.

I wrote to Blurb support many times sugesting that if they can’t sort it out, at least it would be good to offer another delivery service with premium packaging – I wouldn’t mind paying slightly more to make sure my books arrive intact.  So far nothing happened, hopefully they will address this issue very soon…

Posted by
MarioMage
Apr 16, 2010 9:27am PDT
MarioMage

I have been so far lucky, have ordered and received more than 10 books and all arrived super, packaging was strong, country: Spain

Posted by
physi28
Apr 18, 2010 11:02am PDT
physi28

I guess I have been lucky.  I ordered 30 books (40 pages hardcover) with Ground Shipping within the US.  They all arrived in great condition, each book saran wrapped, and they were packed to have the books standing upright.  The Ground shipping is via FedEx. 

Posted by
jchanod
Jun 9, 2010 7:28pm PDT
jchanod

This really scares me. I love Blurb’s powerful plugin for Indesign CC and the ability to order a single book seperately. It would be a tremendous shame if they cannot properly package the hard work both we and they put into it carefully enough for the unavoidably rough handling of delivery services to not damage it in any way.

I hope I, too, am one of the lucky ones.

Posted by
WikingFX
Mar 10, 2014 6:36am PDT
WikingFX