Ordering and Shipping

Locked why can't an order be cancelled or changed within a certain timeframe???

I just made an error in an order. I tried uploading a book and got a message that the server was undergoing maintenance until 11pm… the next day I forgot that I was unable to upload it and ordered the wrong version of the book that was already on the blurb web site.

within TWO MINUTES of ordering, I discovered the error only to be told by customer service (what an oxymoronism for this company) that the order could not be changed or cancelled “because the order goes DIRECTLY TO THE PRINTERS”...

OK… that makes sense… but wait a minute … if the order is already PRINTING, why does it take 3-5 days to put it in a box and send it to me?????

My view is that is “we don’t really give a (*&^ about you once you place the order… even Amazon with huge volume has an hour or so leeway to cancel an order.

I’m looking for a new book printer… anyone have a suggestion?

thanks,

tom

Posted by
tomoc
Jan 23, 2009 3:56pm PDT
tomoc

"OK… that makes sense… but wait a minute … if the order is already PRINTING, why does it take 3-5 days to put it in a box and send it to me?????"

Good question…and I think you have already figured out the answer on your own…

"My view is that is “we don’t really give a (*&^ about you once you place the order… even Amazon with huge volume has an hour or so leeway to cancel an order."

Posted by
schwarz5
Jan 31, 2009 7:06pm PDT
schwarz5

Hi,

I just stumbled across this really old thread and thought I’d share some news. We now have a new feature which now enables a user to cancel an order for one hour after it is placed.

To cancel and order, simply navigate to your Order History via the My Account dropdown after logging in. Then, select the order you’d like to cancel if it is still in the pending state. After clicking on this order you will be brought to the Order Detail page.  If this order is able to be canceled you will see a "Cancel Order" button in the middle of this page. Clicking this button will cancel your order.

If you have a question about this please contact Customer Support or post a new topic since I need to lock it because of its age.

Hope this helps. 

– Kathy

Posted by
kathybad
Jun 11, 2010 4:03pm PDT
kathybad