Ordering and Shipping

Tips on getting books quickly

I’m new to Blurb and about to load my first book – which I need back in 8 working days (I’m in the US). Does anyone know if any features re size/paper stock/format etc affect production time. I’m looking to do a 7×7 premium paper, hard cover, dust jacket. I’m mildly panicked as it’s for a birthday gift next weekend! thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
meryan
Feb 18, 2009 3:21pm PDT
meryan

Hi meryan

All of our books, regardless of format, cover type, etc, follow the 5-6 business day estimate for production. (Larger orders require additional time). Shipping time would be in addition to the 5-6 business day estimate, and varies according to method/destination.

If you need your book for next wekeend you’d be cutting it very, very close and risking not having it in time. It’s possible your book might complete earlier than estimated but we can’t guarantee that, nor can we expedite book orders. See the full details here:

http://blurb.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/blurb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=46.

I hope that helps you make your decision! 

Posted by
mikewhy
Feb 19, 2009 9:36am PDT
mikewhy Icon_staff

Your best bet is to order it with over night shipping.

I understand that books have been coming out of production fairly fast right now, but of course, yours might be the exception.

Posted by
deanej
Feb 19, 2009 11:14am PDT
deanej

Hi Meryan,

I had some issues with books I ordered before Christmas, but there was a problem with the printer and I’m glad they reprinted them and sent me the quality that you are paying for, rather than something "half-baked". Recently I put in another small order and I had it back within 8 days.

Being new to publishing myself too, I learned a lot during this process. Like with everything, planning and providing for some time "cushion" is always the best to consider, because everything outside your own supervision cannot be controlled. There can always be the one thing that goes wrong if you need things to happen on a tight deadline… and usually Murphy’s Law applies in such situations.

All in all I have to say that I’m very very pleased with the outcome of my book related to the quality-cost-ratio, compared to other self-publishing services out there! I could not have made such a professional looking book with other services on the web. So I’m very satisfied with Blurb.

Good luck!

Posted by
SylviaEhret
Feb 21, 2009 11:11am PDT
SylviaEhret

I wanted to post a reply to my original query now that I have recevied the order. I decided to split my order – half sent to my home address in the US, and some sent to where I was traveling to for the event that the book was being used for – to New Zealand.

I ordered all 7 books on Wed 18 Feb (hard cover, dust jacket, premium paper, with overnight/fastest delivery) and had received the US books in WI on the afternoon of Tue 24th, and the ones arrived in NZ on Friday 27th. In the end I had the ones in US before I left, and the others arrived before the event on March 5th.

I am extremely happy with the end result – there were no issues with the books at all – and they arrived in super fast time!

Posted by
meryan
Mar 9, 2009 1:43pm PDT
meryan