Ordering and Shipping

Quick delivery

I know a lot of people have posted complaints about late deliveries and such, but I just ordered my book the other night and it’s already shipped and on its way.   Nice!!   I ordered a 142 page 8×10 landscape book (hardcover w/flaps) late sunday night (monday morning really)  and it shipped today (wednesday).  not bad.   

I hope the quality is good and I’ll post back with my results.  

Just wanted to give some good feedback on the delivery.  thanks!

Replytopic_b_normal
Posted by
djKianoosh
Mar 11, 2009 7:48pm PDT
djKianoosh

I don’ think that many people have complained about the time it has taken to get the books in the post its what happens to them once in the post.

My economy posted book ( 30 January 2009) has never appeared, the reprint posted at Blurbs expense via Express  posted on the 10th and arrived on the 11th ( be it the wrong house, although it was clearly and correctly address) 

Blurb have said that the economy post has been sorted I do hope so as my book really was very nice,

Rohese77

Posted by
Rohese77
Mar 12, 2009 2:22am PDT
Rohese77

haha it might have shipped on wednesday but dont expect it until 4/5 weeks time!

Posted by
gismocat
Mar 12, 2009 2:40am PDT
gismocat

Hope things work out better for you since Blurb say they’ve fixed the problem. But don’t get too excited just because you got a shipping confirmation. That’s not a delivery. It’s only delivered when it reaches you.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the book is in a pile in some warehouse for the next 3 weeks before they find some way of bringing it to you.

Posted by
m_al_saeed
Mar 12, 2009 8:41am PDT
m_al_saeed

I was waiting in suspense my first blurb-books, shipped on 6. March (economy, to Finland). My surprise I got books today, in six days. Not bad…

Posted by
erkkiluo
Mar 12, 2009 9:01am PDT
erkkiluo

hahaha.. i know how you guys feel..  but here’s the latest entry from FedEx:

Mar 12, 2009 9:05 AM – Departed FedEx location – SYRACUSE, NY

So now it’s up to FedEx.. and they haven’t failed me yet! :)

Posted by
djKianoosh
Mar 12, 2009 1:02pm PDT
djKianoosh

I think so many more people would make use of a tracked service if the costs were lower, in the UK at least registered first class or Special Delivery postal options only add a relatively minor cost, I just can’t see myself paying the same amount on shipping priority at a cost thats either the same or greater than the cost of the actual printing of the book.

Surely if a service grows rapidly cost become lower due to demand, 80,000 books Blurb published last year, wonder what 2009 will be?

Posted by
CHACK
Mar 12, 2009 5:26pm PDT
CHACK

ah i see your point.   i chose the cheapest option and it was FedEx and they of course have tracking.  i guess we’re lucky here in the east coast usa…

Posted by
djKianoosh
Mar 12, 2009 6:36pm PDT
djKianoosh

Lucky you. I’ve been waiting three weeks for 10 copies of a 94-page book, and I’m thinking it might be another five weeks for the subsequent order of 15 additional copies.

Posted by
amiddleton
Mar 25, 2009 10:17pm PDT
amiddleton

This time Blurb (and  Swiss post) has gone over my expectations.

Book 80pages ordered the 14/3 shipped 19/3 Thursday and arrived (Italy, ordinary fee) Tuesday the 24/3.

I’ve had some complaint with former shipping about time  butfor this book I’ve to say

"thank you Blurb, Excellent Serevice"

Fabio

Posted by
treeffe
Mar 26, 2009 2:37pm PDT
treeffe